The Chaos and Changes Created by the Coronvirus in the Draft in Real-Time (2 Viewers)

I wish we could still get info from Coach Pete on this Swimmer

You did on this post - lol. Coach Pete's name seems to create severe unhappiness, pain, suffering, anger and even clinical depression to a small percentage of SR members. During these brutal times of the virus, I want to express my caring for all those having an extra special hard time and don't want to increase their fear and unhappiness with Coach Pete threads. And Pete doesn't want anymore official "Coach Pete" threads on SR.

He told me 2x more stories than I shared here, most really funny about the draft.

There were a lot of F-bombs being dropped by GMs and HCs during the entire draft. Another story was that the non tech-savvy HCs and GMs, and even many of those who had little experience with video conferencing software, occasionally or often not sure when they were only on Zoom with their draft team or when they were actually on air. Apparently there were numerous incidents where HCs are GMs were texting, "Are we freakin on TV or is this still private to us? Can I speak my feakin mind clearly without Gruden hearing who we want?"

There were rumors that the networks were delaying the national feedback of teams for 3-5 seconds because of the level of cursing from uncertainty by the teams if they were on air or not. For those of you in TV media, is this even possible to temporarily delay a live broadcast?

So NFL GMs and coaches were cussing during the draft? Now that's the behind the scenes access that you can only get in a Coach Pete thread. Nobody pulls back the curtain and paints a clearer picture than Pete.

I'm glad to see that Swimmer and Pete are still sharing secret info like this. I thought they might go into hiding after the Burrow debacle. Speaking of the Burrow debacle, did any of those predictions come true?

So NFL GMs and coaches were cussing during the draft? Now that's the behind the scenes access that you can only get in a Coach Pete thread. Nobody pulls back the curtain and paints a clearer picture than Pete.

I'm glad to see that Swimmer and Pete are still sharing secret info like this. I thought they might go into hiding after the Burrow debacle. Speaking of the Burrow debacle, did any of those predictions come true?

Hey Drago! Thx for the kind words. Through "The" unnamed source -lol, like nearly all around sports, I often hear things that I pretty well knew or did know intellectually, however, I didn't know real-world detailed examples of how they played out in the NFL. When my unnamed source tells me about interesting actual events that happened, I find those fascinating and like to share with others. Of course, on the board, we have numerous superior intellect people who know so much more than normal people like me that they find it boring or even insulting to their intelligence.

On your last question, here's kinda a quick review

1) I don't think we drafted Burrow? Did I miss something - lol? The unnamed source told me that Miami offered all 3 of their 1st round picks plus a pro bowl defender. Cincy said no-way. He said that when we got back to Cincy and said, "Ok, you tell us what it will take to get the #1 and they never seriously responded that the Saints knew they weren't getting Burrow and went ahead with other plans." It's probably highly likely that we went after Burrow early. And over time, so did a bunch of other teams
2) That we offered Kamara as part of the trade. Don't know. My bet is that since we are in one more last hurrah win this year mode, that we keep Kamara as long as he doesn't hold out. If Cincy would have traded Burrow, Kamara likely would have been part of the package but that's a pure guess by me
3) More Platooning of QBs. I think this one is definitely a Yes
4) Brees agreeing to this on an expanded basis beyond last year = Yes
5) That the Saints drafted McCoy and his intended long-term position was guard. I think there's enough info now to know this has real legs
6) That Brees was seriously considering retiring. Don't think there's any question about this especially with feedback from a couple of his teammates in the pro bowl who thought that was going to be Brees last game

I get your line of thinking but why the excessive hate? It represents a few ‘seemingly miserable In the real world’ folks on here but not you.

Zac Taylor, coach of the Bengals, post draft Q and A session with reporters:

Did you guys entertain trade offers for the No. 1 pick?

"No.”
Was always a pipe dream but I sure wish it had come to fruition.

Thanks for sharing Alan. Good Morning! If you think I'm after attention, give us 4 to 6-months. You ain't seen nothing yet.
I don’t believe it’s a coincidence that this thread pops up ~4 months after the Burrow thread made its debut, so I fully expect another thread near the start of September when that meter goes dry again and needs to be replenished.
Apparently there were numerous incidents where HCs are GMs were texting, "Are we freakin on TV or is this still private to us? Can I speak my feakin mind clearly without Gruden hearing who we want?"
Umm, what? Gruden hasn’t been an analyst on a NFL Draft broadcast since 2017. How would he hear who “Team X” wanted when he was at his own house dealing with his own draft and Zoom conferences?

Not to mention when teams were on the clock and the broadcast was showing their HC/GM, the feeds had no audio and were being broadcast as video-only. The only time there was audio and video from coaches/general managers was when the broadcast team was interviewing them, not while they were making picks or discussing strategy.
There were rumors that the networks were delaying the national feedback of teams for 3-5 seconds because of the level of cursing from uncertainty by the teams if they were on air or not. For those of you in TV media, is this even possible to temporarily delay a live broadcast?
There are no rumors about that whatsoever, anybody that watched the Draft with any level of attentiveness could see there was a clear ~10 second+ broadcast delay. All you had to do was wait for a feed with a television visible in the background with the Draft broadcast on and you could see it wasn’t “live” with zero latency.

Nearly every “live” feed of a television broadcast is on a broadcast delay, especially after the Super Bowl XXXVIII halftime show.

I get your line of thinking but why the excessive hate? It represents a few ‘seemingly miserable In the real world’ folks on here but not you.

Excessive hate? I have no hate or ill will towards anyone. Real life or otherwise. Just a little friendly ribbing. Swimmer and I have been ribbing each other for years. Nothing more to it than that.

Excessive hate? I have no hate or ill will towards anyone. Real life or otherwise. Just a little friendly ribbing. Swimmer and I have been ribbing each other for years. Nothing more to it than that.

My bad. I def misconstrued then. There are a couple on here that do, and with most all things posted here. You didn’t fit that criteria as I alluded to so that’s why it surprised me.

My bad Drago. 😁

My bad. I def misconstrued then. There are a couple on here that do, and with most all things posted here. You didn’t fit that criteria as I alluded to so that’s why it surprised me.

My bad Drago. 😁

It's all good Hump. Swimmer has haters to be sure but he'd be the first to tell you I'm not one of them. I don't hate, I instigate.

It's all good Hump. Swimmer has haters to be sure but he'd be the first to tell you I'm not one of them. I don't hate, I instigate.

Lol.
He does, but it’s diminished in my eyes by the fact that several of those haters appear to hate everything. Always sniping at folks and coming across as miserable. 😁

Whether I believe anything from Pete or not I love reading all of it. And thankful Swimmer is here and that he posts info from Pete.

"What do you mean Zoom just dropped him. What in the hell is Zoom! I don't care about Zoom. If I don't get his feedback in the next 30-seconds I'll zoom something up his arse if we make a mistake on this pick!"

It was going so well until this, which was obviously not actually said by anyone.
Indeed. They totally used another word instead of "arse."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom