The Cigar Thread (1 Viewer)

I have had 2 boveda packs in my humidor for the last 4 days and I am still at 60%... I have 2 hygrometers giving the same reading. I also noticed the pieces of wood that are on top of my humidor that help seal it are loose. No clue how that happened beyond this was a cheap humidor. It worked fine for 10 years and now it's just not.
What % Boveda pack are you using?

I put the cigars in a Tupperware container but it's still sitting around 62%. I assume the cigars are too dry and it's going to take a little bit.

You may need to calibrate your hygrometer. If it's the little brass, sprinloaded thing it's likely out of whack, but it's also very hard to keep 70% if your house is cool and low humidity.

Try wrapping the device in a very damp towel, but not wet enough to actually get it wet. Give it 20 minutes and see where you are. If it's not at 95% spin the adjusting screw to make it so.

Would think that would be sufficient. But, winter months, with the furnace running can dry things out. I generally go to 75%.
As dtc said, try recalibrating your hygrometer. You can “YouTube” various videos. I generally go with the “zip top bag” technique, but there are multiple ways to do it.

I did recalibrate. It’s the reason I have 2 hygrometers as well. They are both reading the same. One of them is digital.

I like taking pics of cigars. Not sure why but I bet I have hundreds.

IMG_3142.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom