The City of Oakland Sues the Raiders and the League (1 Viewer)

I didn't read the article...
Are they suing the Raiders for staying too long? :scratch:

They can come play in the stubhub center and share with the Chargers. That way I have a better chance of seeing the Saints play live and close.

Can't see how this goes anywhere. As far as I know they don't have a contract with the city. However since this is liberal CA the courts will rule in the city's favor only to get overturned.

Seems pretty typical of Oakland. Ran off the Golden State Warriors and try to play chicken with the Raiders. They leave that awful facility and you want to turn around ND sue them when you refuse to support them. Cute.

This whole sueing thing is getting out of control. I guess they will sue for way more than they deserve (which to me is zero). They have been working on getting a new stadium but the city didnt want to help fund it. Vegas was willing to help though. I guess oakland wanted them to continue to use that building they are saying is a stadium. Not to mention they tripled the rent recently.

For everyone who is talking bad about Oakland, how would you feel if San Antonio took the Saints from NOLA? Oakland is in tough shape financially and is still paying off the last remodel of the Coliseum. This is all purely about getting public money to fund billionaires stadiums.

If you don’t live around Oakland, try not to pretend you know what the city is about. The Bay Area loves the Raiders and still fills that place even though it’s a crap building and the team has been crap forever. The city and county have done plenty. The NFL and the Raiders just just couldn’t give up $750 million of Nevada’s money.

Yet they refuse to do anything to help the poorest team in the league stay? They can't even keep the toilets running in that crap of a stadium!

For everyone who is talking bad about Oakland, how would you feel if San Antonio took the Saints from NOLA? Oakland is in tough shape financially and is still paying off the last remodel of the Coliseum. This is all purely about getting public money to fund billionaires stadiums.

If you don’t live around Oakland, try not to pretend you know what the city is about. The Bay Area loves the Raiders and still fills that place even though it’s a crap building and the team has been crap forever. The city and county have done plenty. The NFL and the Raiders just just couldn’t give up $750 million of Nevada’s money.

Serious question that I can't seem to find an answer to on the internet. If the county cant handle the maintenance; couldn't the county simply let a private company come in and buy out the coliseum? So then it might become the "Coca-cola Almeda Coliseum", or the Preparation H Alemeda Coliseum?

Is the city not allowing this or something? Seems like a thing a lot of other teams have done to keep the stadiums top-notch (ie: Minute Maid Park; Mercedes Benz Superdome).

You know what's worse than someone talking about something that they don't know... Is when an equally oblivious person try to call them out...

https://www.foxsports.com/other/sto...an-francisco-relocate-reasons-why-when-061316

The renovation money you talk about is from the 90s. Oakland not paying that off is all on Oakland. We keep our ancient Stadium... State of the Art with a way smaller economy than Oakland. Their stadium is trash.

Seems pretty typical of Oakland. Ran off the Golden State Warriors and try to play chicken with the Raiders. They leave that awful facility and you want to turn around ND sue them when you refuse to support them. Cute.

They did not run the warriors out.

Oakland will always be known as the "other city". Consistently second fiddle to San Francisco. Kind of like New Jersey is to NYC.

You know what's worse than someone talking about something that they don't know... Is when an equally oblivious person try to call them out...

https://www.foxsports.com/other/sto...an-francisco-relocate-reasons-why-when-061316

The renovation money you talk about is from the 90s. Oakland not paying that off is all on Oakland. We keep our ancient Stadium... State of the Art with a way smaller economy than Oakland. Their stadium is trash.

Ok dude let's not get your nose all up in the air looking down on them.

Without your Uncle Sam and others paying for the major renovation post Katrina new Orleans would be in the same boat.

Remember that we are talking about the same poor team that could not afford the signing bonus so they traded the best player they had in the last 20 years. They have packed up and moved plenty of times already. They are and will always be cash strapped. It is just the way they operate.

This is all purely about getting public money to fund billionaires stadiums.

I get that to some degree but not so much on this specific example. First, Mark Davis is one of the less-wealthy owners. I’m not sure he has any significant financial enterprises beyond the valuation of the Raiders - which despite his estate-established controlling interest is only actually 47% of the team.

So Davis doesn’t have the money to even pay some of the tab on a new stadium. I’m not sure he has any significant liquidity. I could be wrong.

Las Vegas was willing to foot the bill on a new stadium which is a big way to put cash into a franchise via suites, PSLs and concessions. All things that likely suffer in Oakland.

Davis made a business decision and like so many of these dealings, there are tons of factors as to how and why Oakland decided not to fund a stadium. The biggest was economics. They decided they couldn’t afford it — which will please fiscal conservatives but in the end, it cost them an NFL team.

Right or wrong, Davis is going to make a ton of money on this move and the value of the Raiders is going to skyrocket. That’s all the NFL cares about in the end and it’s the goal of all smart business owners.

I don’t like it but it is what it is.

ive been to Oakland. It’s such a great place. I can’t believe anyone would ever want to leave. They really know how to run that place, the whole state in fact.

/s

I 100% agree with this post.

Will never understand why people would rather side with a corporation who has millions of dollars, over working class tax paying citizens.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom