The Clemens Fiasco (1 Viewer)

clemans did roids, if he wants to prove his innocents then all he has to do is take a dna test....then if the bloody gals and sarenges don't have traces of hgh and clemons dna then stop the presses, but roger won't take the test because he knows he did it, if his best friend andy pettiot did it and they both talked about doing it, and if roger's wife did it, then roger is a lier and he knows it, everybody knows it.

WOW is he a wife beater too?

Throw the book at him!

Just actually got a lot more juicy. There is a photo of Clemens at the Canseco party that he claimed to not be at. He produced a receipt showing that he was golfing that day.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3258678

If that pans out, I'd like to see a perjury charge.

I actually like Clemens. And I think this whole thing about hearings is a bit much. But I understand that this all flows from MLB not taking care of it themselves.

But if we want people to realize that sworn testimony is sworn testimony, we need to pursue perjury charges - whether its Scooter Libby or Roger Clemens. You lie under oath, you go to jail. Otherwise, what's the point- isn't it just a charade?

I like Clemens too... but I knew something was fishy when he produced a golf reciept from 10 YEARS ago! C'mon... I went golfing last week and had lost my reciept by the freakin turn. I wish he would have just admitted it and I could have retained some respect for a childhood hero.

I like Clemens too... but I knew something was fishy when he produced a golf reciept from 10 YEARS ago! C'mon... I went golfing last week and had lost my reciept by the freakin turn. I wish he would have just admitted it and I could have retained some respect for a childhood hero.

But really, it's just as fishy that a photo suddenly appears NOW. Come on, with Photoshop anything can be created.

But really, it's just as fishy that a photo suddenly appears NOW. Come on, with Photoshop anything can be created.

Maybe, but this may be an actual photograph (which I would imagine that a child of 11 would keep for ten years) rather than a digital photograph. I don't know, so we will have to see.

I could see Clemens keeping a receipt for ten years, too...if it was business related. He may have attached it to income tax records or something to that effect.

Maybe, but this may be an actual photograph (which I would imagine that a child of 11 would keep for ten years) rather than a digital photograph. I don't know, so we will have to see.

I could see Clemens keeping a receipt for ten years, too...if it was business related. He may have attached it to income tax records or something to that effect.

Well, it would have to be proven that the photograph is the appropriate age and is authentic, and also that it was unmistakenly taken at that party and not at another event. As you said Sandman, we will have to see.

Well, it would have to be proven that the photograph is the appropriate age and is authentic, and also that it was unmistakenly taken at that party and not at another event. As you said Sandman, we will have to see.

Yes. I wasn't really commenting on the probative value of either piece of evidence since I haven't seen either. I just noticed that someone immediately discounted Clemens version because a receipt was produced after 10 years. People with a lot of money have a tendency to keep receipts for tax purposes. The tournament may have been a charity tournament, and he claimed it on his taxes. Heck, he may have been audited and had to produce that receipt for the audit. Who knows?

As for the photo, I'm guessing that there are other photos from that party that were taken by the guy that was 11 years old at the time that were kept (it is my understanding that other athletes were at this party). I doubt many 11 year olds get to show up at parties and hang out with sports stars. While the photographer may have been at other parties, assuming he wasn't, I can see why this party would stand out in his mind.

Again, there is more that needs to be discovered before we can say one way or another that Clemens attended that party or not. I'm just not ready to discount either piece of evidence produced thus far without something more.

Clemens is so guilty. I hope they ban him and all other roid users from baseball for life.

Update on the photograph:
Clemens' lawyer, Rusty Hardin, said in a statement Friday that on Feb. 12 he was contacted by a former neighbor of Canseco's.

"He said he had a photograph of his son with Roger in a pool at a party at Canseco's house. He said that friends who had seen the photograph were suggesting to him that he sell it. I expressed no interest in buying it, but urged him to let our investigator visit with him, view the photograph and interview him. He said he wanted to talk to his son first and would call me back that day. I gave him all of my phone numbers and urged him to call. Unfortunately, I never heard back from him," the statement said.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080223/ap_on_sp_ba_ne/bbo_clemens_photo_4

So does this picture actually exist or not...?? Perhaps we need to keep a watch out in the National Enquirer...:hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom