The Clemens Fiasco (1 Viewer)

obwhiteo

Proudly wearing my dress!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
i'm watching this clemens thing and it seems to me that the Representitives are trying to help clemens anytimes someone says something negitive about him one of the other Reps. jump in and try to call McNamie a liar or try to discard what the other one is saying... they are HARDCORE jockin Clemens, one guys just called Mcnamie a liar and said that Clemens is a Warrior on the baseball field and he knows he wouldn't go steriods...

even though there is so much evidence against him, they DO NOT want him to get in trouble so he won't...

what a double standard, if that was any of us, or even Bonds they would be tryin to throw the book at us

i'm watching this clemens thing and it seems to me that the Representitives are trying to help clemens anytimes someone says something negitive about him one of the other Reps. jump in and try to call McNamie a liar or try to discard what the other one is saying... they are HARDCORE jockin Clemens, one guys just called Mcnamie a liar and said that Clemens is a Warrior on the baseball field and he knows he wouldn't go steriods...

even though there is so much evidence against him, they DO NOT want him to get in trouble so he won't...

what a double standard, if that was any of us, or even Bonds they would be tryin to throw the book at us

I haven't been following this much. Other than McNamie's word, what evidence is there?

Clemens is guilty as Sin...

This is truely sad....the way the people who are supposed to be finding the truth are helping cover it up

he had a steriod related "absess" on his butt....every doctor that saw it said that a b12 shot couldn't do that but Winstrol could.... only one of the things they had brought up.... Pettite also said he did it...

NEWSFLASH: They are all lying. McNamee, the one is is probably telling what is most closest to the truth, just changed his story again yesterday, now saying he injected Clemens even more times than he originally told Sen. Mitchell and Congress recently.

I think we're at the point where we have to separate the two...in other words, saying that you think that McNamee is lying doesn't mean that you automatically believe that Clemens isn't guilty. The one point I feel most certain about is that McNamee cannot be trusted; he is a proven liar and is currently changing his story. The "evidence" he has is laughable at best; even those who don't like Clemens agree that this type of evidence would never even be admitted in an actual trial. McNamee, IMO, has an ax to grind and seeks publicity (can you say "book deal"?), and that is his motivation. That being said, does this mean that Clemens is telling the truth? Hard to say at this point; it really depends on the statements given by Pettitte, IMO. And again, just because he and Pettitte "talked about" HGH use doesn't meant that Clemens USED it...simply the media stirring the pot. HGH was also legal for many years, if I'm not mistaken...so what the problem is there, I'm not sure.

Again, I'm separating McNamee and Clemens at this point. McNamee has zero credibility to me. He is coming off more ridiculous every day. But even if Clemens' alleged steroid use cannot be "proven" doesn't mean he didn't do it. Let me say that I'm hoping that Clemens is telling the truth; I'm a fan of his. But I've also got to be realistic and say to myself that even with McNamee being a less-than-reliable source, it hasn't looked good for the Rocket. And as I said earlier, it goes back to Pettitte's statements...how much will be gained/lost from that information. That is the key, IMO.

Last edited:
my $.02....Clemens is in a game where youth, strength and "survivability" rule. Do I think he took em? yes. Remember, he entered the game in the mid 80''s, was an absolute fire-baller, compared to Nolan Ryan alot and had to continue to keep up his ability to throw hard and fast. Thats what he was known for.
But for what its worth, he was in his own world. Being told this and that is ok and no one questioned it ( the use of steroids ) that was the era he played in. So stop having congressional meetings to determine if Clemens used roids and have one to determine why its taking 12+ months to see if the Sirus/ XM Radio merger is allowable.

<object width="425" height="373"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sf-elzEGRrM&rel=1&border=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sf-elzEGRrM&rel=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="373"></embed></object>

BUSTED!

U.S. Representative Cummings just ended this whole thing. His argument for those who haven't seen it: If McNamee wasn't lying about Knoblauch and Pettitte, why should I think he's lying about you? Pettitte, who Clemens has stated is a stand-up individual, is saying you took HGH/Steroids. Is he not now a stand-up guy?

P.S. This is a joke. These congressmen actually took time to read all the evidence about Roger Clemens. Seriously? There are literally trillions of things they should be doing other than having a deposition about a guy who will obviously deny, deny, deny. And now his wife is admitting she took HGH. This is so beyond stupid that congress is taking time to do this.

U.S. Representative Cummings just ended this whole thing. His argument for those who haven't seen it: If McNamee wasn't lying about Knoblauch and Pettitte, why should I think he's lying about you? Pettitte, who Clemens has stated is a stand-up individual, is saying you took HGH/Steroids. Is he not now a stand-up guy?

P.S. This is a joke. These congressmen actually took time to read all the evidence about Roger Clemens. Seriously? There are literally trillions of things they should be doing other than having a deposition about a guy who will obviously deny, deny, deny. And now his wife is admitting she took HGH. This is so beyond stupid that congress is taking time to do this.

I'm not saying Clemens is innocent or guilty, but many times in the various testimonies, the actual verbage will be "discussed" or "talked about", and this is being translated as "took" or "used". Did Pettitte actually say that Clemens "took" HGH/steroids, or did he say they "discussed" HGH/steroids. If the word is "took", then did Clemens tell him that or did McNamee? I want to hear verbage that is unquestionable first, where Pettitte says that Clemens told him to his face that he himself took HGH/steroids. The misunderstanding issue with Debbie Clemens and Pettitte thinking that Roger was talking about himself is a bit flaky, I'll admit, but even then, I'd like to see what Pettitte's response to that would be.

He's a major league baseball pitcher. The fact that our politicians are involved is ridiculous. I couldn't care less if he or anyone else used. Just make sure the testing is in place to prevent future players from using. Move on. There are more important things our politicians need to be working on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom