The Cleveland Browns conundrum: OBJ's dragging down of Baker Mayfield (2 Viewers)

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
Statistically cannot be denied.

Baker Mayfield is a much better QB without OBJ on the field.

2018 (without OBJ)
93.7 QB Rating

2019 (with OBJ)
78.8 QB Rating

2020 (with OBJ)
84.3 QB Rating

2020 (without OBJ)
102.1 QB Rating

2021 (without OBJ)
101.9 QB Rating

2021 (with OBJ)
77.7 QB Rating

Overall (without OBJ - 28 games)
97 QB Rating

Overall (with OBJ - 24 games)
80 QB Rating

Last edited:
Mayfield is at his best when he is able to spread the ball around. With a guy like OBJ, he's forced to keep his receiver happy by forcing the ball to him as much as possible. It's a clash of styles and the Browns haven't really benefitted from that trade.

Cleveland is built to be a run team now. Chubb is averaging 5.2 ypc and Hunt is averaging 5.4 ypc so far this season.
You have to really appreciate the job that Stefanski is doing there with the Browns.

OBJ has played in 2 games this season, both wins. Baker has a torn labrum in his non throwing shoulder suffered before OBJ came back from injury. They are a running team with a good defense. What exactly is the point? Baker had a better QBR before he got injured? Yeah, probably so.

That’s two stud running backs they’ve got there. I’d keep running.
No doubt. With that backfield, O line, and defense they need to pound the rock. Signing Kareem Hunt was huge for them. They have two feature back, Pro Bowl RBs in their prime. Of course they're going to run the ball lol.

• 3-1 - 1st in AFC North
Thank God for their defense, because that offense and passing game was embarrassing last week versus the Vikings, a middle of the road defense.

Got to love the obligatory, "Well they are winning, what's the problem?".

Problem is this team doesn't stand a chance in the playoffs with the current situation.

Thank God for their defense, because that offense and passing game was embarrassing last week versus the Vikings, a middle of the road defense.

Got to love the obligatory, "Well they are winning, what's the problem?".
Honestly I do love it, I wouldn’t care if we won every game 2-0. Truly.

Not sure about that.

"Love" is a strong word.

"Relieved", "Thankful", those are words I would describe it as.
I love great defense, like the old days when it was real football. But, love may indeed be too strong a word for 2-0 all the time, touché. Lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom