The Coffee Thread (1 Viewer)

Squeezebox

Very Banned
Reaction score
Do you like coffee? I know I do! What type of coffee do you usually drink? Do you stick to your Community Coffee Dark Roast, or are you a coffee house snob?

Do you like medium roasts? Dark roasts? Cream/sugar?

Personally, the best coffee that I've ever tasted is at Highland Coffees right off of LSU's campus. The owner there, Clark, really knows his stuff and he is always searching for the best beans he can find. They roast the green beans in house almost constantly.

I prefer the African and Asian beans usually. Latin Americans are a bit too nutty for me, though there are a few I love.

A good French roasted organic Ethiopian from Highland Coffee is heaven.

That being said, Community Coffee is pretty darn good, if you're going to stick to what you can buy in the store. I haven't really compared that to their premium blend. Does anyone know if there is a difference?

Also, what is weird is I don't enjoy CC's all that much, even tough they roast Community Coffee. I could never understand that.

I do like Starbucks, but they're not the best. What I like about Starbucks, though, is that no matter where you go, you can always find a place to get a good cup of coffee. They're consistent.

So what do you drink? Any big-time coffee drinkers here?

Black Magic from Sweet Bay Co. is my favorite but if it's store bought I like Eight O' Clock coffee.

Caffe Verona from Starbuck's
or
Cafe Special from Community

We like a Bold roast.

The Verona from Starbucks is very good. I also like their Yukon.

I waver between medium/dark. Medium has more caffeine, so I often go with that if I'm hitting the books hard. But I'm never really hitting the books hard, so you know...

I love coffee with chickory, but here in Austin the only choice I have is Community.

Not too surprisingly, Verona is their most popular roast. We buy our coffee at the store and have them grind it. We have a grinder but don't really want to grind the beans everytime we make coffee. Plus, I've used it for grinding spices.

Here's a tip, if you ever go buy Verona and they are out(this has happened more than once to me), get the Italian Roast. It's 90% Verona, 10% Espresso roast.

Im a wimp I usually have folgers

EEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Don't they use robusto beans? At either rate, their beans are not good quality at all. Not all great coffee is necessarily really strong. Start with some of the Latin American blends. Everyone likes those!!

Thanks for starting this thread, SB- Though I love coffee, I'm not exactly a connoisseur. My favorite coffee is Dunkin' Donuts Hazelnut blend; they sell it by the pound but, unfortunately, I can't get it out here in California. I never realized before moving here that there are no DD's locations out West. Occasionally I'll order a pound off of the net; I first got hooked on it when I roomed with a girl out here who was from Boston, who would have her parents ship it by the pound to L.A.- apparently out there on the East Coast DD is the trendy coffee place, whereas, growing up in NOLA, I mostly knew DD as a place to get donuts... The coffee I normally brew in the mornings is from a place called Trader Joe's, kind of a gourmet chain grocery store that is very reasonably priced. I usually get their house blend, but they have a couple of other good varieties as well; I like mine with half n half and sugar. Oh, and the Cafe Au Lait at Cafe Du Monde is my all-time favorite...

I've always been a Community Man. I drink all roasts and flavors. I basically buy three or four different blends so I have some variety.

My second choice is Seattle's Best. Not as good as Community IMO, but tons better than that Starbucks swill.

How do yall brew? I have grinder + french press. Wonderful, especially if you're only making coffee for one person.

Seaport Dark Roast ( and you think CC is strong) Cream & Sugar. I really don't try other coffees much cause I am so picky I like my Seaport!!!!!!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom