Saints The Countdown (1 Viewer)

Saint Tex

Delvin, Bro
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Hey, hey, hey y’all. It’s time. 99 days til the Saints first game and that means we start the Countdown.

Player by player we will count off the days until our season starts. Right now it’s a long hot summer, but check in here every day and find out how many days left and what player has that number. We will learn about our new guys and celebrate the ones we already know.

I love participation from the board. And right off the bat we are going to have a lot of it since I’m away from my computer for a few days. Posting pics on an iPad is just too hard, but insidejob, who helped me out last year, will jump in and help again. And others are welcome to join.

One rule for the Countdown that I feel is really important. I hate to see anyone labeled with the term “camp body.” These are professional athletes who have earned a shot at playing at a level most of us can only dream of. And so many who might have been called camp bodies turned into major players. Like Pierre Thomas. However realistic their shot at a roster spot, these players do not deserve to be treated dismissively. And in my view, being dismissive is not in accordance with the standards that Andrus and others set for saintsreport. So if you call someone a camp body, you will be asked for your reasons.

So time for takeoff. Like we do every year, we start with the big guys.

99 Jay Bromley 6’3” 314 DT Syracuse

Giants let Bromley walk, and we signed him after rookie mini camp. We are looking for another player to rotate in at DT, and Bromley fits that bill. He’s durable, and he was buried in the depth chart in New York. He was originally a third round pick, and he just might get a chance to show what he can do in New Orleans. We need another durable and reliable guy in the middle of the D-line. Bromley gets a chance to shine.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is me when it’s countdown time:

5D0A77D1-22E3-46C1-9C5C-95CC04244BBE.gif

Thanks, I need this.

Im time warped right now.. sitting through my son’s graduation.. 1096 graduates.. first, middle and last name. One. At. A. Time.

I may have to check this thread to see how the preseason games are going..

Woo hoo!

One of my favorite threads of the year

Thanks I love this. It helps me remember player numbers. I'm really looking forward to the D-line and what Bromly brings to it. We finally have a rotation on the D-line that will keep them fresh and god forbid injuries.

BDbtnVhU_400x400.jpg

(I'm not sure how the picture is authentic, but it's on his twitter page.)

ETA: jayson Bromley (@JayBrom96) | Twitter

Last edited:
It’s the most wonderful time of the year!! This is how I learn/refresh my memory of the roster so I can have meaningful Saints interaction with my son instead of looking like a deer in the headlights when he references FA’s and Practice Squad guys stepping up to the 53.

Wow....already time for SaintTex? Next to the actual season and the draft, this is my favorite time of the NFL season. Don't know (and really don't care) if any other NFL team has a version of what Saint Tex does for us, but it really gets me pumped before the season begins.

Thanks Saint Tex.

Y’all are all so welcome. You make me feel appreciated and help get me through the summer.

BDbtnVhU_400x400.jpg

(I'm not sure how the picture is authentic, but it's on his twitter page.)

Who is that? Bromley?

I'm lost as to what's going on. I thought it was starting today.

Norman Hand anyone?

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom