Saints The Countdown (2 Viewers)

Sure do appreciate all of the great work, Saint Tex and SaintLuke. Truly a labor of love and I do love the Countdown!!
(y) :0056::cheer::bowdown2:

29 Kurt Coleman 5’ 11” 208 S Ohio State

Signing a versatile player from a division rival—that’s a good get. We signed Coleman right after he was released by Carolina, apparently as a cap casualty. He had several teams interested. He can play both safety spots, and he can cover deep. He’s a really smart veteran, and he’s got good hands as well, with 7 interceptions one year. With Vaccaro gone, we added a savvy vet who may improve an already top secondary. He’s gonna be a fun one to watch all season. I’ll bet he’s really going to be targeting Cam Newton, don’t you think? He knows his tendencies, too. I’m excited about Coleman.

28 Sharrod Neasman 6’ 198 DB Florida Atlantic

Neasman spent the last two years with Atlanta, and we signed him after a tryout in late May. He’s a versatile DB, playing both CB and safety. Seems like he must be a good leader, too, because he walked onto the football team at Florida Atlantic and became a team captain. He’s another one who might have to earn his way to the field on special teams. He’s not that fast, but he’s a good athlete. We’ll get to see how he does on the field through these preseason games.

27 Natrell Jamerson 6’ 198 DB Wisconsin

Our fifth round pick is another WR turned DB, but Jamerson made the move in college. He’s a good tackler, but on this D, he will have to learn behind the starters while contributing on special teams. Unless he surprises us all by busting his way through to the defensive rotation. Because the Saints are a meritocracy. He’s still really learning the DB position. I’m thinking the team saw some upside to him, and went ahead and grabbed him. I’m good with that. We’ve done well with scouting lately.

iu

26 P. J. Williams 6’ 196 CB Florida State

Williams finally got on the field for all 16 games last year, after his first two years of dealing with injuries. He was a solid player all year, and we will expect to see more of him. He’s currently listed on the unofficial depth chart as backing up Ken Crawley at left CB. We’ve had high expectations for PJ in the past. Maybe he beats out some good players for a starting spot. That would be great competition.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom