The Countdown (1 Viewer)

25 Eli Apple 6’ 1” 203 CB Ohio State

We traded for Apple last year during the season, and he played well. But we declined the fifth year option on his contract. He needs to keep improving to show he’s worth a big payday. Look for him to do just that. Apple was having trouble fitting in with the Giants, but he landed here with college teammates Vonn Bell and Marshon Lattimore. He hit a good stride right away with us, and he likes New Orleans. The team likes him, too, despite not picking up his fifth year. It was just too expensive for us. But Apple is a good player, and right now he is our starter opposite Lattimore. Give him a lot of credit for coming into a defense during the season and putting down some good games. Even though he was a bit inconsistent, he’s now got a whole training camp to get more familiar with our schemes. I’m thinking he’s going to look better and better.

24 Vonn Bell 5’ 11” 205 S Ohio State

Bell started off poorly last year, but played his way back into the starter position over Kurt Coleman. He ended the season as a solid presence at safety. Look for him to pick back up where he left off. We’ve got a great secondary taking shape this year.

23 Marshon Lattimore 6’ 192 CB Ohio State

If you had to name a Saints defensive MVP not named Cam Jordan, that’s pretty much Lattimore. He has gotten better every year, but last year, he really came into his own. He is often lined up against the opponent’s best receiver, and even so, he was ranked as on of PFF’s top ten corners in the league. I love to watch him play. So much spirit and talent.

It’s fun that in the Countdown, we are right in the heart of the secondary, and today we will see how they do against a good qb with good receivers when we play the Chargers.

Will also be watching the return game. We’ve got three good returners in Harris, Sherels, and Grayson. Last week Grayson made a great catch on offense. This is a fun competition to follow.

It’s fun that in the Countdown, we are right in the heart of the secondary, and today we will see how they do against a good qb with good receivers when we play the Chargers.

Will also be watching the return game. We’ve got three good returners in Harris, Sherels, and Grayson. Last week Grayson made a great catch on offense. This is a fun competition to follow.

Pssst - game is tomorrow:
http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2019/PRE/SAINTS

Last edited:
22 C J Gardner-Johnson 5’ 11” 210 CB Florida

Our fourth round pick is reported to have a lot of potential, and not just at corner. He hits like a safety, and runs in the 4.4 range, so he can cover. He can also blitz. We took him early in the round, and whether he is seen as someone who can take the starter’s job or who can come onto the field in a variety of packages, we like his talent. It will be fun to watch him play, and fun to watch him develop.

I’m thinking CJ will get some playing time today. Preseason games always start to drag, but I’m going to keep an eye out for 22.

21 Patrick Robinson 5’ 11” 191 CB Florida State

Last year was the first of a four year contract after we brought Robinson back into the Who Dat fold. He landed on IR early in the season, but he’s back from the injury, and expect to see him do well. We signed him after he had a banner year with the Eagles. I like to see P-Rob roaming the secondary in the Dome dressed in black and gold. Best of health this year to you, Patrick. Go get em.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom