The Countdown (1 Viewer)

My wonderful new partner, Saint Luke, has reminded me that I haven’t posted yet. So had this on the to do list. Sorry everybody. Number 20 coming up, and many thanks to Saint Luke.

20 Ken Crawley 6’ 1” 180 CB Colorado

Crawley has been up and down with the Saints. He has great plays, but then gives up big ones. Last year, we brought in Eli Apple after Robinson went to IR, and Apple took over the starting job pretty quickly. But Ken definitely has the chops to string together good plays. This is one area where we should be seeing things shake out during the next two games.

So we seem to be having issues today, for whatever reason I can't upload pictures on SR. Not sure whats going on but hope to get the pictures up soon.

19 Ted Ginn, Jr. 5’ 11” 180 WR Ohio State

Ginn spent early last year on the injured designated to return list, the rules of which I do not understand nor do I care. What I care about is he is still one of the fastest guys in the league, and when he got back out there, he was stretching the field for the likes of Michael Thomas and giving Drew some great options. He’s actually got a bit of competition in the speed department from Cyril Grayson. That may come down to who has the best hands, but Grayson was a track star. Ginn has been a receiver for a long time, so he’s not likely to be easily moved. Barring any surprises, look for him to start the season at the number 2 slot.

18 Keith Kirkwood 6’ 3” 210 WR Temple

Kirkwood started last season on the practice squad, but was activated and played well in limited action. He was getting some good ink in training camp, but we haven’t seen him yet because of an undisclosed injury. But Drew was liking Kirkwood as a target while Thomas was holding out. Best thoughts to Keith as he heals up, and we all hope to see him catching those passes against the Jets.

17 Emmanuel Butler 6’ 4” 220 WR Northern Arizona

The unexpected star of training camp, Butler is reported to have made some great one handed grabs, and to be able to box out the defender. An injury kept him off the field against Minnesota, and he only got a couple of looks against the Chargers. So most of the fans have not seen what the reporters have at camp. But with his size and his ability to catch the ball right in his hands, he is being compared to Marques Colston. That’s high praise. Really, really high praise. I hope he lives up to it. But then again, only Colston is Colston. Butler may have a few things of his own to show us. I for one can’t wait.

To me Emmanuel just look strong. Can he play physical, that remains to be seen. Seem to have good hands, despite that one drop. Let see how he is this coming preseason games.

16 There is no number 16 on the current roster, but let’s go back and pick up a recent signee, Drew Lewis.

Drew Lewis 6’ 2” 229 LB Colorado

Lewis is rookie who was released by the Texans. He’s not listed on the official roster yet, but the news is he was signed on August 14. He’s a fast player and very athletic. He will be competing for the backup linebacker spots. Drew is also noted to be a good, solid tackler. Look for him against the Jets. Once we are told his number.

15 Simmie Cobbs 6’ 3” 220 WR Indiana

Cobbs was signed last December from the Washington practice squad. He’s another big receiver, and we have heard hearing good things out of camp from him. Haven’t seen him much in the preseason yet, though. He had one catch tonight for 8 yards. Hard to tell who they are giving a good look in these last two preseason games, but Cobbs is supposed to have a lot of upside.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom