The Countdown (3 Viewers)

ill never get over colston only need 241 more yards for 10k. i know how he is he probably doesn't care whatsoever. i just wanted to see one of the all time greats to wearing b&g get to 10k.

also that 2008 season when he broke his collar bone and only missed 5 weeks and came back to play. he was awesome. miss that guy.

also crazy to see that list, and how michael thomas could be 4th all time after this year. in his 4th year.

I thought he only missed 3 weeks but was supposed to be out 5?

He missed 2 I think : injured week 1 during the packers game and came back in a limited role week 4 against the jags (1 catch 8 yards). Week 5 he had 5 catches 69 yards. Crazy

i can still see him laying all out to make that catch in GB ....like it was yesterday. Fully extended.

What a shoot out that game turned out to be.

Or...

Trivia: Who wore #12 in the Saints first season?

(No Google'ing...)
#12 Tom McNeill appeared in 26 games as a punter with the Saints. McNeill signed as an undrafted free agent out of Stephen F. Austin. Originally a basketball player, he joined the football team when it needed a punter. In his seven-year career in the NFL he appeared in 66 games with the Saints, Vikings and Eagles. McNeill still holds the Saints record for the longest punt with an 81-yard punt in 1969. After his NFL career he was a sales person for Kim Iron works in Houston for 25 years. The piping company supplied utility companies as well as submarines for the Navy. McNeill is retired in Houston and is 73.

11 Deonte Harris 5’ 6” 170 WR Assumption College

We knew during the offseason that Payton wanted to improve the return game, both kicks and punt returns. Enter UDFA Deonte Harris, signed back in May. Although he went to a small school, he tore up the field on returns. He’s also a small guy, but he’s got vision and burners when he sees the opening. His major competition was supposed to be Sherels, but we haven’t seen him due to an undisclosed injury. We wish him the best. His absence, though, gave Harris an opening, and he shot through it like it was two defenders closing on him. He’s got more return yardage in the preseason for all teams, and he has been close to breaking one open each game. Then he did it against the Jets. And he’s got some pass completions as well. Go Deonte.

It hasn’t been all roses. He’s made mistakes, including a fumble. We know how Payton feels about fumbles. Plus he’s still got competition from fast guy Cyril Grayson, who has a couple of good returns of his own. But Deonte may well have played his way onto the final 53. We will see very soon. I for one am pulling for him. He is fun, fun, fun to watch, and I love that the opposing team has to tense up when they kick to us.

@SaintLuke I think you accidentally slipped a picture of Tommylee Lewis in there returning a kick against the Eagles.

I don't think there's a way they can keep this kid off the team. We haven't seen it yet, but he'd probably kill it on a jet sweep as well and, even if it's just for the play action, the defense would have to respect him with that speed.

That look on the Jets' cheerleader's face (the one all the way to the right) as he's looking back at the punter on the ground is pretty funny. And the stare on his face in the official team photo at the top says, "You ain't catching me," IMO.

One of those "Deonte Harris" photos is against the Eagles in the MBSuperdome? :unsure:

Edit: insidejob beat me to the punch.

Yep, yall were paying attention, and apparently I wasn't this morning. Thanks for catching that. He'll get his chance to run one back against the Eagles one day soon.
Hey, it was an easy mistake to make. At first I thought it was a pic from the Jets game but then noticed it was in the Dome and looked closer. You've done an awesome job with this. Wasn't dogging you or anything.

10 Tre’Quan Smith 6’ 2” 210 WR Central Florida

Our third round draft choice from last year showed some flashes in a couple of games, but was a bit inconsistent. We need one of these receivers to step up to that number 3 slot and start pulling a load. Smith certainly has the talent to do that, and this year he is more familiar with the offense. We also relied a lot more on running last year, so maybe he didn’t get targeted as much as he would have otherwise. Tre’Quan has the skills, but the team has given him some competition in Butler and Cobbs. Someone needs to catch fire, and we would love to see Tre’Quan be that guy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom