The Countdown (1 Viewer)

92 Marcus Davenport 6’ 6” 265 DE Texas-San Antonio

We traded our 2019 first round pick to take Davenport in the 2018 draft. The team likes him, and he showed up on the field, but injuries kept him from developing. A toe injury kept him out of three games, but he played through the pain to delay surgery until the end of the year. That’s some dedication. I like that attitude, and Davenport is going to want to show that he is worth what we paid for him. That’s some motivation. Add it to his skills and dedication, I’m liking his prospects this year.

Last edited:
Last year, Davenport had 22 tackles, 4.5 sacks, n 12 QB hits.

But no doubt the toe injury affected his play.

4 of his 4.5 sacks and 7 of his 12 QB hits came in the first 7 games, prior to the injury.

While he still needs some work, esp as a passrusher ( technique, hand usage, coming of the snap), the talent n athleticism is definitely THERE! But I was pleasantly surprised with his play against the run. He did a nice job in setting the edge, better than I thought he would. And when he lost contain, he showed his speed, and got in, and sometimes even, made the play!

With Okafor’s departure, the team appears comfortable n confident with Davenport as their guy opposite Cam at DE this year.

I am too!

91 Trey Hendrickson 6’ 4” 270 DE Florida Atlantic

Henrickson was a third round pick in 2017, but last year with some great players in front of him, he only played in 5 games. Injuries and losses in free agency may open up the possibilities for Hendrickson this year. It will be interesting to see how he responds. Would love to see him break out in his third year.

Looking at T Rex's preseason tape last year he really improved his first step off the line. Hopefully, he can come in on pass rush snaps to spell Jordan or Davenport from time to time

Truly the Mystery Man on the DL. Hardly played last year. With Okafor unfortunately departed, his roster spot becomes crucial. Will he be replaced? That is a big question.

90 Malcolm Brown 6’ 2” 320 DT Texas

This is another one to watch, and one I am excited about. Brown is a productive, former 1st round pick with the Pats. He chose the Saints, yes, partly because of money, but also because he feels he fits in the Saints’ defensive scheme. He thinks he can be a disruptive presence in the middle, and while we’ve got two league leading players there, one is coming back from injury and the other is facing a possible suspension. Signing Brown in free agency was a big move, and a solid one. He’s a proven, experienced player who is excited about the new team that he chose. Go Malcolm.

89 Josh Hill 6’ 5” 250 TE Idaho State

We originally signed Hill as a UDFA in 2013, and he has served as a backup TE for all that time. We signed him to a new three year contract back in January. Since that time, we have added Jared Cook, who is the assumed starter, and Alize Mack via the draft. Hill is a reliable veteran, and he can help develop Arnold, who is making a transition from wide receiver. He’s never gotten the production at the position, though, that the team and the fans, and I suspect Hill wants to see. This position could turn into a training camp battle. I’d love to see Hill step up. Every now and then, he has flashed some moves. Would love to see that on a consistent basis.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom