The Countdown (1 Viewer)

81 Cameron Meredith 6’ 3” 207 WR Illinois State

We had high hopes for Meredith, but an injury placed him on IR after 6 games. He’s supposed to take pressure off of Michael Thomas, and we’re hoping that he can step up and do that. He took a pay cut to help with the salary cap and to stay with the team. Im thinking Meredith wants to prove his worth as much as the rest of us want him to. Keep an eye on him.

Can't wait find out whether signing Meredith was a brilliant move or a colossal blunder.
With the giant pay cut he took to stay with the team, I don't think it'll be a huge blunder even if he gets hurt again. If we'd kept his salary at the nearly $6MM/year that he signed for, then it would be a much bigger misstep.

80 Austin Carr WR 6’ 1” 195 Northwestern

Carr has been with us for a couple of season after we picked him off the Patriots practice squad. He was getting some playing time in last year, but at the end of the season, he was not even seeing the field. With Thomas getting so many looks, it was hard at WR last year, but then again, we are looking very seriously for someone who can take pressure off of Michael. Carr knows the offense, and we’d love to see him be the guy.

Last edited:
79 Nate Wozniak 6’ 10“ 280 OL Minnesota

Here’s an interesting transition. Not WR to TE, but tight end to offensive tackle. Wozniak may do that. But he’d rather be a tight end, which is the position he played at Minnesota. He’s a bit light at 280 (you don’t hear that said very often) for his 6’ 10“ frame. And after all those years watching Payton try to set up a tackle to play tight end, maybe he’s trying it the other way around. Nate spent last season on our practice squad. Never got cut to make room for anyone, but never got promoted to active squad either. We don’t know much about him because we just haven’t seen him on the field. So keep an eye out at training camp. Not many DBs can jump high enough to defend him. Could be fun to watch them try, though.

I'm still trying to figure out why you would want him to make this transition. A 6'10" TE has the potential to be devastating. How does a 6'10" tackle get his pad level low? But then, I never understood Demario Davis on the outside and Anzalone in the middle, either. :rolleyes:

78 Erik McCoy 6’ 4” 314 OL Texas A&M

Oh boy, oh boy. I truly like this pick. McCoy is big, but he moves like a little guy. At his size, he runs a sub 4.9 forty. That’s ridiculous. He graded out as an instant starter before the draft, and we needed a new center. I love that we got a good one. I think he’s going to play outstanding football for years, and as good as he is, with his athletic ability, he’s got an upside. And he’s smart, smart, smart. Everything you want in a center. We’ve got some other players that we will be looking at for the position, but McCoy is the penciled-in starter. I think we’re going to like him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom