I'll take a crack at it.
Player #1- David Hawthorne
Player #2- Colby Bockwolt
Player #3- Jason Kyle
Player #4- Jim Merlo
Player #5- Alex Okafor
Player #6- Mike Morgan
Player #7- Rickey Jackson

1,5 &7 were pretty easy, but the rest I had to do a little digging to find.
Great posts and pics by y'all on all the players in the count down. It really gives me something to do while I'm cooped up during this storm. Thanks to all.

I'll take a crack at it.
Player #1- David Hawthorne
Player #2- Colby Bockwolt
Player #3- Jason Kyle
Player #4- Jim Merlo
Player #5- Alex Okafor
Player #6- Mike Morgan
Player #7- Rickey Jackson

1,5 &7 were pretty easy, but the rest I had to do a little digging to find.
Great posts and pics by y'all on all the players in the count down. It really gives me something to do while I'm cooped up during this storm. Thanks to all.
100% correct, B_doggman47

100% correct, B_doggman47

I have a couple of books that list every player and their numbers from the beginning until 2001 and the rest I just kept up with in a notebook. I also collect Saints football cards, I have whole team sets from 1967 until now. I used the cards to find Jim Merlo & Mike Morgan.

I have a couple of books that list every player and their numbers from the beginning until 2001 and the rest I just kept up with in a notebook. I also collect Saints football cards, I have whole team sets from 1967 until now. I used the cards to find Jim Merlo & Mike Morgan.
I found the list up to 2009, then I had to look at each years teams roster from that point forward. I found some names I could not find pictures. Larry Coombs & Curtis Holden wore #57 in earlier years. Jason Trunsnick & Chris McCain wore that number too.

56 Demario Davis 6’ 2” 248 LB Arkansas State

We added Davis last year. He is really a great player for us-- and he seems to be getting better. He graded high in a bunch of categories that I don’t even keep up with. He just always seems to be in the right place. That’s something you can’t teach. And he’s got the chops to take advantage of it. Great skills, and he upgraded our D last year. Can’t wait to see him go at it again.

58 Porter Gustin 6’ 5” 260 OLB USC

Gustin is another guy we signed right after the draft, and he was praised as a good get for the team. Injury concerns likely kept him from being drafted, but he is performing well right now. He’s probably projected as a situation rusher either from the edge on the line or from an OLB spot. He’s athletic and really strong. He’s another good one to watch at training camp. He could definitely work his way into the rotation on D.

I have him down as one of my UDFAs to watch come TC. No doubt his injury history hurt him BADLY!

But again, here are some of his highlights:

And here are his Combine numbers:

56 Demario Davis 6’ 2” 248 LB Arkansas State

We added Davis last year. He is really a great player for us-- and he seems to be getting better. He graded high in a bunch of categories that I don’t even keep up with. He just always seems to be in the right place. That’s something you can’t teach. And he’s got the chops to take advantage of it. Great skills, and he upgraded our D last year. Can’t wait to see him go at it again.

You always “HOPE” a new player will be as good as advertised.

Demario Davis was simply BETTER than advertised!

He was the “total package” for us last year:

1st on the team in tackles (110), 3rd in TFL (11) 3rd on the team in sacks (5). He played surprisingly well in coverage too ( many thought that was his biggest “weakness”! ).

Smart, physical n athletic! And he did it all while playing a new position at WIL!

BALLER! :bowdown2:

55 Kaden Elliss 6’ 3” 240 LB Idaho

On the surface, Elliss is a linebacker who has great athletic ability. Coach Payton said we need to look at a player who can rush the passer from a sub package, either standing or with his hand on the ground. Elliss definitely fits that. But you don’t even have to scratch the surface on this one to find the added attraction. Elliss played QB in high school and has played tight end. So yes, we grabbed him in the 7th round to make sure he’s ours. This should be fun. Competition with Taysom Hill for the Inspector Gadget position.

elliss really is gonna need to add muscle and I bet he looks ripped by next training camp

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom