The Countdown (2 Viewers)

Is it just me, or does Hansen's pic look like a 1st drivers license for a teen?
I know I'm old, but damn!

49 Zach Wood 6’ 3” 255 LS SMU

Wood has been our long snapper since 2017. No major mistakes here, which is what you want to see with a long snapper. Just perfection every time. Over and over and over. Never off even a little. Payton likes to check out others at the position, so we will have a bit of competition during training camp. But Zach has made our punter and kicker look good for a couple of years now. He will be hard to displace.

48 J. T. Gray 6’ 202 DB Mississippi State

Gray made the final 53 last year because of his play on special teams. Payton likes the way he runs and hits. He has played safety and LB in college, but his pro game so far has been on special teams, and he’s happy to contribute however he can. Not many can make the team solely on ST play, so good on you, J. T. Keep running and hitting.

47 Alex Anzalone 6’ 3” 241 LB Florida

Ahhh. That’s what I thought last year when Alex was back on the field where he belongs. His rookie season was cut short by injury, but boy did he show last year how valuable he is. He is sort of listed at MLB, but he plays wherever he’s assigned on a given play. He is smart, athletic, and he adjusts quickly. He can rush the passer and drop back in coverage—two sacks and an interception last year. Going forward, backward, side to side, Anzalone is so solid and special. Love to see him out there, and he is growing as a player. Started out so good, and he’s getting better. He’s another one I’m glad is ours.

46 Michael Burton 6’ 240 FB Rutgers

We signed Burton in May, and he will compete in training camp with Zach Line for the FB position. There will only be one FB. Line has played well, but we have had such dynamic backs, we are not using the FB position for receiving much these days. So blocking is what will get you this job for the Saints. Burton is reported to be good at it. Very good. We can check out this competition at camp.

45 Garrett Griffin 6’ 4” 240 TE Air Force

Our Air Force guy has been on the practice squad for three years, and last year he actually made his first TD when he was brought in as an injury replacement. Nice to see these military academy guys make it. They give up so much to serve their country. (Read the rest of us.) Griffin will have some competition this year at the TE spot, so watch how he plays in camp. I love having this brand of dedication and mental toughness combined with a service ethic in the locker room.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom