The Countdown (2 Viewers)

44 Darnell Sankey 6’ 247 LB Sacramento State

Sankey has bounced around practice squads, but spent all of last year on ours. We signed him up right before the season and he stuck. So here’s a relative unknown to the rest of us, but our system is sure not an unknown to him, so he’s got a leg up on a a lot of newer players. Like most in this position, he will be looking to make a splash on special teams and as a utility backup.

43 Marcus Williams 6’ 1” 195 S Utah

Our second round draft choice from 2017 played better his first year than his second, but we are looking for him to rebound in a big way. He is surrounded by such solid players, and Williams has the skills and the talent to hold down his safety spot. One cool note—in the past two offseasons, Williams has been back at school, and in May, he finished his degree in Sociology. There’s a guy who can see something through. I am thinking another thing he wants to see through is to prove himself in a big way. So go for it, Marcus. You got lotsa folks behind you.

42 Zach Line 6’ 1” 233 FB SMU

Our running backs love running behind Zach Line. He was a tailback in college, but he bulked up to play the fullback position for us, and he understands that he will get very few carries, despite having good hands. That’s dedication. Hard to say why we would bring in competition. Line has been so solid and is loved by the guys running into the holes he opens for them. But training camp is all about competition, and these spots where there is only one player—like long snapper—get competition as well. Whatever happens here, we are going to have a great fullback.

41 Alvin Kamara 5’ 10” 215 RB Tennessee

Maybe the most fun player to watch, not just on our team, but in the league. Man, is Kamara a player, huh? It’s hard to have enough superlatives. Kamara has two Pro Bowls and an All Pro. And he is only entering his third season. We see what he does on the field—zigging and zagging and making defenses whiff. We have also been treated the last couple of years to a man who refused to be pitted against a teammate. He felt that Ingram doing well means is good for him. ADD to that, as if it’s not enough, the fact that Payton says Alvin’s football IQ is so off the charts that he gets bored when there’s not enough for him to do. He just soaks everything up that he is given. Man oh man, what fun that we’ve got him.

This one is making me ready for the season.

40 Nick Moore 6’ 3” 250 LS Georgia

Like I mentioned with the FB position, long snapper will be another camp battle for a spot where there is only one player. Zach Wood has been perfect for us. Snap after snap. But rookie Moore has his own impressive history of perfect snaps in college. Some say this will come down to who blocks best going downfield. The two are virtually the same size with a good resume. I have a feeling the one who doesn’t make our final 53 will be snapped up quickly by another team. Oops. Sorry. That one slipped out.

40 Nick Moore 6’ 3” 250 LS Georgia

Like I mentioned with the FB position, long snapper will be another camp battle for a spot where there is only one player. Zach Wood has been perfect for us. Snap after snap. But rookie Moore has his own impressive history of perfect snaps in college. Some say this will come down to who blocks best going downfield. The two are virtually the same size with a good resume. I have a feeling the one who doesn’t make our final 53 will be snapped up quickly by another team. Oops. Sorry. That one slipped out.
I wonder if someone has told him not to give Sean Payton any financial advice. :p

39 Kayvon Webster 5’ 11” 190 DB South Florida

We signed Webster late in the offseason. He has had some injuries that kept him off the field, but he is known as a solid special teamer and he can back up all the corner positions. With our cornerback corps, it would be hard to crack the starter spot, but somebody who can come in at any spot on any play plus contribute on special teams. That’s a guy you want. And we got him over a couple of other teams. So welcome to New Orleans, Kayvon. Glad you decided to drop in.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom