The Countdown (2 Viewers)

Y'all don't get how RARE #31 is!
As a long time Bluegrass player, you never see a black, Banjo, player!
(the bass player of the band, usually makes the stupid jokes on stage)

Ah, tinman. Never limit banjos to bluegrass. New Orleans jazz bands.

Funny, I was going to mention this. The banjo has a history with Congo Square, which is one of the reasons it became known as a jazz instrument.

Last edited:
30 Our number 30, Matt Dayes, was just put on injury designation, and for some reason I don't understand, has to clear waivers to be placed on IR. But it looks a lot like he won't be playing for us this season. In his place, we signed a new running back, so we will cover him today.

Kerwynn Williams 5' 8" 195 RB Utah State

Williams has experience as a QB, RB, and WR. He has also run a 4.4 forty. He's been in the league since 2013, and one year had over 1K all purpose yards with the Cardinals. Oh yeah, add kick and punt returner to that experience. We will be looking at him in the preseason and giving him his shot at the final 53.

Ah, tinman. Never limit banjos to bluegrass. New Orleans jazz bands.

Funny, I was going to mention this. The banjo has a history with Congo Square, which is one of the reasons it became known as a jazz instrument.
Different type of banjo. Dixieland jazz uses a tenor, 4 string open back predominantly in a percussive strumming play. Bluegrass is a 5 string resonator banjo played w/a 3 finger roll(Scruggs Style based on guitarist Merl Travis technique). Old timey is usually an open back 5 string played "clawhammer" style.
The original "banjo" style instrument was based on an African gourd instrument & adapted from there. The bluegrass style has definitely replaced all the others as the predominant instrument(look forother types for sale, it's a chore). Other than Dixieland, the banjo has been mostly replaced by the guitar in jazz ensembles.

Back to Saints football!

Who Dat!

29 days. No number 29 as of right now, so we are going to pick up a guy who wasn’t with us when his current jersey number was up.

Ziggy Hood 6’ 3” 305 DT Missouri

Hood spent last year with Miami and Washington. We know that Rankins is currently on the PUP list and may be there for game 1, and we also now know that Onyemata will serve a one game suspension for a misdemeanor marijuana summons. Hood has experience all along the D line, and we will need help from backups early in the year. Good that there was an experienced vet available. He’s wearing number 76.

28 Latavius Murray 6’ 3” 230 RB Central Florida

We signed Murray quickly in free agency, signaling that Ingram was headed elsewhere. Murray will likely play a similar role, and he is a bigger back to Ingram’s 5’ 9”, 215 frame. He will be looked to in short yardage, and he is the presumed replacement for Ingram in our one-two punch backfield, but we’ve been signing some other interesting backs as well. This is a fun competition to follow through the preseason. Because let’s face it, the games themselves, boring. Keeping up with who is getting the carries and how they are doing helps. We’d love to see Murray step up. He’s a big bruiser, but he likes to lean forward when he runs, which brings YAC, and has also shown a spin move in the past. He might be a little more slippery than Ingram. That would be awesome.

Nice job with the pics, Luke. I can see in some of them that forward lean that I had read about. Really nice to see it so clearly. Thanks, Luke.

Nice job with the pics, Luke. I can see in some of them that forward lean that I had read about. Really nice to see it so clearly. Thanks, Luke.
Yes, I totally agree. I am really enjoying this count down. As I am not able to attend training camp this year due to the way I work, I get to see all the new faces of the players we brought in this season. I appreciate all the hard work by all the people who put this together every season.

27 Dwayne Washington 6’ 1” 223 RB Washington

When you’re talking who our second back will be, don’t leave Washington out of the conversation. Last year with Kamara and Ingram getting all the carries, Washington made his impact on special teams, until the last game against the Panthers when we were resting the starters. Washington piled up over 100 yards—in one half. So given his chance, Dwayne is likely to run with it. No pun intended.

Last edited:
26 P. J. Williams 6’ 196 CB Florida State

Williams hit the free agent market this year, but hurt his own chances with a DUI. Saints signed him to a one year deal. P J is known as a great tackler, and reports from camp say he’s improving on coverage. With some heavy competition in camp, it will be interesting where he fits with our CB corps. But he had his best year playing last year after three frustrating years of dealing with injuries. Would love to see him step up and continue to improve and contribute.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom