The Curse of Oak Island (1 Viewer)

FullMonte

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Anyone catch this on History Channel? I remember reading about the Oak Island mystery years ago, and was interested in seeing someone try to find the bottom with some modern equipment. I watch this like I watch Bigfoot shows. I think they are misinterpreting some natural phenomena, but what *IF* they do find something?

If you aren't familiar with the legend, here's the basics.

In the late 1700s some kids see some lights on Oak Island. Next day, they go investigate. They find a pulley hanging from a tree, and the ground looks disturbed under it. So, they start digging. They find some flagstones, move them, and keep digging. At 10 feet, they find some timbers. They move them, and keep going. At 20 feet, and 30 feet, they find more timbers. They finally give up at 30 feet, since they don't have the right equipment to keep going.

Over the next 200 years, people have continued to see what is buried there. They continue to find timbers spaced out every 10 feet or so. At around 70 feet, they find a flag stone with some kind of code/language carved into it. Then, the shaft flooded. The theory is that whoever buried something there, booby trapped it with flood tunnels to flood the pit if it isn't unearthed correctly.

Sounds interesting indeed but I can't get into the Bigfoot stuff.

I didn't really believe in Bigfoot either, until I started watching Finding Bigfoot. They hear something on just about every show.

interesting. I looked up the link. There are also pictures of the kids who found it. Hope someone gets to the bottom of it.

Oak Island Money Pit - The Last Great Unsolved Mystery

goonyhole.jpg

This story has always intrigued me. There is also a rumor surrounding it that the person who gets past the 6th or 9th level, whichever one they are on now, will die. So no one wants to attempt it lol... Stories like this never seem to have an ending and the curiosity just kills me.

Apparently no one knows the current whereabouts of that stone slab with the strange symbols on it. That makes me wonder if the entire story is based on hearsay. You would think it would have ended up in a museum somewhere if it really existed.

Apparently no one knows the current whereabouts of that stone slab with the strange symbols on it. That makes me wonder if the entire story is based on hearsay. You would think it would have ended up in a museum somewhere if it really existed.

Yes but there is a replica somehow and some cryptologist supposedly deciphered it to" forty feet down lite two million pounds" yet I found no mention of a linguist identifying a culture. How would they know what a pound was?

My bet, it translates to "thanks for visiting! - the Nova Scotia Tourism Commission.":scratch:

money-pit-stone.jpg

Just do like the guys on the gold rush show do... Get some heavy machinery in there and start digging.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom