The Curse of Oak Island (1 Viewer)

It's certainly interesting, but these things NEVER end like you'd hope they would. I'd hope they actually find something down there. Treasure, some sort of actual artifact, something. But going by the usual formula, they'll find something inconclusive enough to say "hmm," but nothing exciting enough to definitively say "this is what happened here."

correct. We know that it is nothing as exciting as Templar treasure because there is no way that History channel would have been able to sit on anything that big for the sake of this show.

Upon seeing it talked about in a few places, I decided to get caught up on it last night and today in time for the finale tonight.

It's certainly interesting, but these things NEVER end like you'd hope they would. I'd hope they actually find something down there. Treasure, some sort of actual artifact, something. But going by the usual formula, they'll find something inconclusive enough to say "hmm," but nothing exciting enough to definitively say "this is what happened here." I mean, we're talking about coconut fibers, pieces of pottery, and a few bones as "explosive evidence." But I'm still hoping they find something really cool.

Also, I'm far from an engineer, but somebody might know better...they've talked a lot about the five "hand-shaped" tunnels that supply water to the Money Pit and 10X that keep them flooded...how difficult would it be to find the source of these tunnels and then seal them and pump the water out so that they could actually get down there?

Even if they were to tell us about all the natural makeup that lead to the history we now have on the island, that would be cool. I just want to see some sort of conclusion or explanation as to how we have had interest in this location for so long.

man! this is lame, digging up the swamp, that sinkhole with the floors wasn;t put there for nothing! Dig the whole damn island up!

I'm pretty sure pirates, or templar Knights, or martians, or whoever was smart enough to bury their ttreasures in such a way that they could, ya know, come back and retrieve it a themselves at a later date. Which is a more likely explanation for the 1795 eyewitness account? I don't know why everyone assumes the kid witnessed a deposit as opposed to a withdrawal, lol.

ok... COMPLETELY LAME! Why make a show to show us a damn coin? seriously? nothing? got a few more minutes I am thinking they need to pick up the pace... this is as bad as finding bigfoot...

Well...that was - disappointingly - exactly what I was expecting. I'm sure they'll announce season 2 in short order.

ok... COMPLETELY LAME! Why make a show to show us a damn coin? seriously? nothing? got a few more minutes I am thinking they need to pick up the pace... this is as bad as finding bigfoot...

But it's a cursed coin! Everyone who touches it dies, eventually.

7 must die before the secret is revealed... at this rate the last death is going to be a viewer.

Im almost 50 years old and have been fascinated with this mystery since I was a young boy. Couldn't wait to see what was finally discovered at the bottom. Was excited for this show when I came across the link to follow. A researcher last year published his theory on the island and after watching it I believe him to be correct. The show on tv doesn't reference this theory at all. Look at it and judge for yourself.

Oak Island Money Pit Mystery Resolved - YouTube

Im almost 50 years old and have been fascinated with this mystery since I was a young boy. Couldn't wait to see what was finally discovered at the bottom. Was excited for this show when I came across the link to follow. A researcher last year published his theory on the island and after watching it I believe him to be correct. The show on tv doesn't reference this theory at all. Look at it and judge for yourself.

Oak Island Money Pit Mystery Resolved - YouTube

Great post. I haven't actually watched it yet, but wanted to point out that the same guy also posted a seven minute summary (in case everyone doesn't have an hour to watch the whole thing)

Oak Island Money Pit Mystery Resolved - Shorter Version - YouTube

Maybe I'm missing something. But why did we spend so many episodes looking in the swamp or at rocks? Why didn't they investigate the actual pit? What a waste of time.

Because the pit is evidently a red herring. :idunno: I think that's why. I only saw the 4th one, and will watch the finale tonight on the web. I already heard they found an old penny, so obviously this sets up Season 2.

At some point these people in charge that want to prolong things and get ratings need to realize, actually solving the issue is more interesting to the public. They need someone with balls in charge to change things up and actually try to solve the thing. I think they would be rewarded with ratings.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom