The Dallas Defense Played Their Best Game of the Year (1 Viewer)

diehardfan

Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I caution people to not make last night more than it is. We lost one game to a Dallas team who played their best game of the year. That Defense was the best we've faced in a long time (but they haven't played that way all year).

There's nothing wrong with Brees. The problem was too much pressure in his face and from each side. He couldn't step up or move around the pocket and make the throws he usually makes. It's hard to adjust Offensively when the pressure is coming from different places at different times. That is the recipe for beating the best QBs in the NFL and Dallas executed.

Our Offense can usually win by running plays sideline to sideline within 15 yards of the LOS, but that wasn't happening last night. Those Dallas LBs were impressive. I'm more disappointed we didn't adjust Offensively and challenge them vertically (that's where our only TD came from). But, I also know that Brees barely had time to set his feet and throw.

It did give us plenty to work on until our next game at the Bucs. We desperately need another WR/TE to develop that we can count on. I was thinking that was Dan Arnold or Tre'Quan Smith (after Smith dropped the slant for a TD, he got an earful from SP and didn't get another ball).

I was impressed with our Defense overall. They played their guts out, especially in the 2nd half and Cam Jordan had one of the year's best plays with a sack/fumble while being held. If it would have lead to us winning the game, it would have been monumental. It was pressure from the Dallas defense that ruined it.

Learn from it and move on to Tampa bay.

Their D did play well, but fans need to understand there was a lot of the Seahawks strategy behind the play. Kris Richard is the DB coach who was part of Pete Carroll's team that employed the strategy of committing fouls, believing the officials wouldn't flag every one of them. His in-your-face jam at the LoS strategy has given our offense trouble against the Seahawks and it did last night as well. Payton needs to figure out how to beat it.

Their D did play well, but fans need to understand there was a lot of the Seahawks strategy behind the play. Kris Richard is the DB coach who was part of Pete Carroll's team that employed the strategy of committing fouls, believing the officials wouldn't flag every one of them. His in-your-face jam at the LoS strategy has given our offense trouble against the Seahawks and it did last night as well. Payton needs to figure out how to beat it.

Post of the day so far, to me.
(Which means nada in the grand scheme of things) ?

Agreed although I do think they deserve some credit for *some of our mistakes.
No doubt about that. But a lot of it was our general lack of execution and poor play calling.
But without a doubt the Cowboys outplayed the Saints in this one.
They were ready... we weren't.

No doubt about that. But a lot of it was our general lack of execution and poor play calling.
But without a doubt the Cowboys outplayed the Saints in this one.
They were ready... we weren't.

Yes sir.
Bill I really think we were just tired. A heckuva schedule up to this point. And even still...and 3 games in 11 days is tough.

I’m super proud of those guys. Super proud.

Yes sir.
Bill I really think we were just tired. A heckuva schedule up to this point. And even still...and 3 games in 11 days is tough.

I’m super proud of those guys. Super proud.
Yes, there are a lot of reason to be proud of our team this year... and perhaps the best reasons are still to come. But if there is a good reason for us to have been 'tireder' than the Cowboys, we need to get that fixed in a big hurry.

Yes, there are a lot of reason to be proud of our team this year... and perhaps the best reasons are still to come. But if there is a good reason for us to have been 'tireder' than the Cowboys, we need to get that fixed in a big hurry.

I only think we were more tired than them from a cumulative standpoint. I did not make that clear, sorry Bill.
We have faced a very very tough schedule with some nasty fronts. And have been rising to the challenge.

I think that helped make us more fatigued than the Boys. Just my humble opinion.

They threaded the needle on defense.

Got pressure on Brees and covered our receivers like glue while stopping us on the ground. It was about as good a defensive effort as I’ve seen in a while

Last edited:
I only think we were more tired than them from a cumulative standpoint. I did not make that clear, sorry Bill.
We have faced a very very tough schedule with some nasty fronts. And have been rising to the challenge.

I think that helped make us more fatigued than the Boys. Just my humble opinion.
Hopefully the 10 days before our next game will do us some good.
Don't forget, we are going to lose a day of rest between our Monday nighter in Charlotte and our home game against the Steelers.
We can't afford to have fatigue be an excuse.

Easy....take a knee and have every wide out on the line plant his man on the ground with fury . Then the refs will pay attention.
It's worth a penalty imo.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom