The Dark Tower to be a movie trilogy and T.V. show (1 Viewer)

The books as written are unfilmable. Looks like they've done a great job keeping the main themes and characters and fitting into a movie.

The books as written are unfilmable. Looks like they've done a great job keeping the main themes and characters and fitting into a movie.

The Drawing of the Three could be a movie all by itself. it's probably my favorite of the series

Thank you
I only read the first book and watching the trailer I was like "I guess I sorta remember this..."

It's my understanding that this movie takes place AFTER the Dark Tower books. Which I take to mean, no drawing of the three, amongst a ton of other things. And from what I can tell from the trailer, the drawing of Jake, has nothing to do with how it was handled in the books.. (for the most part)

Perhaps this will work, but I've found King to promise more mystery than he can actually answer. Never read this series, but after The Stand couldn't stomach another of his novels. That might have been a poor choice for the first read, but I found Anne Rice shortly after and never looked back.

Abram's is equally as enigmatic to absolutely no point imho considering Lost.

I'll watch em anyway. Low expectations can really make some experiences shine.

It's my understanding that this movie takes place AFTER the Dark Tower books. Which I take to mean, no drawing of the three, amongst a ton of other things. And from what I can tell from the trailer, the drawing of Jake, has nothing to do with how it was handled in the books.. (for the most part)

Well, we don't know yet re: the other characters and how they would potentially play out. But I can't get into more detail about that without massively spoiling the book series.

It looks...fine, I guess. It feels sort of flat, though.

Should I read the books before the movie comes out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want to have a connection to the movie beyond it just being another movie you see. Like when he recites the The Gunslinger's Creed.

Nah. By all means read the books, but by the sound of the movie rumors the two will have very little in common.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom