The Deathly Hallows (1 Viewer)

nolafan33

SR is my life!
Reaction score
Ok, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows has been in theaters for a while now, so who here has seen it? What did you think of it? Did they leave anything out you wish they didn't? What could they have done away with?

Personally, I thought it was great and I can't wait till Part 2. Honestly, the feeling rivals (maybe even exceeds) waiting for a Saints season to roll around. Part 2 will be epic.

Also, I can't stand people who want to rate Part 1. Is it the best? Is it the worst? Is it better than Half-Blood Prince? Or worse than Goblet of Fire? How can you possibly rate it, it's not even finished!

I leave you with this:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oZ6hDR7V0vI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oZ6hDR7V0vI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
saw it monday - loved it
and i'm with you on the not rating it - thoroughly enjoyed my 2.5 hours in the theatre and that's enough for me

peglegpeet13

23-3 What a Night!!!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Saw it and thought it was very good. I thought the added scene in the camp was pretty good. Overall I thought it was a very good movie. I was hoping that they might add a little teaser for part two after the credits.

OP
nolafan33

nolafan33

SR is my life!
Reaction score
Saw it and thought it was very good. I thought the added scene in the camp was pretty good. Overall I thought it was a very good movie. I was hoping that they might add a little teaser for part two after the credits.

I'm impatiently waiting for the release of the 2nd trailer. It has to come soon.

endlessHIMdark

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
The biggest thing that bugged me dealt with how they knew which one was Harry in the beginning chase scene. In the book, they go on to explain that they all keyed in on the real Harry because he used the expelliarmus spell, which becomes a major point in not only showing his overall character/personality, it was also kind of prominent in the end of the story. Other than that, I really enjoyed it (except for the *******s sitting behind me that wouldn't stop talking.).

KCBagHead

Reaction score
I kept wondering where Harry was the day they taught "Turn Invisible When the Bad Guys Chase You" day in magic school.

peglegpeet13

23-3 What a Night!!!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Other than that, I really enjoyed it (except for the *******s sitting behind me that wouldn't stop talking.).

We had that same problem. My wife has not read the books, I have. Every single time something big happened, they would go, "here it comes."

Drove me nuts.

SebaSaint

Indonesian Coon***
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I really thought the part of the film in Godric's Hollow was well done and I quite enjoyed the Shadow Puppet retelling of the Deathly Hallows, it was my favorite part.

p0pe

d0pe
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I saw it last Sunday. I loved the cinematography the best. I do wish I had just waited to see it right before part 2 comes out.

+1. The cinematography was the best of all the movies so far IMO. I was blown away. Can't wait for part 2.

Jonesy77

Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I thought cinematically it was the best done movie of the group.

I thought the books got progressively worse.

DadsDream

Dreaming of a SAINTS Super Bowl!
Reaction score
Spoiler alert.

Voldemort puts the vision of Harry and Hermione kissing in the nude into Ron's mind to make him jealous.

Daniel Radcliff described the filming of the topless dream scene as "vigorous."

&#8220;I&#8217;m getting in so much trouble. She turned around to me last night just after we got off the carpet and said to me, &#8216;Apparently you&#8217;re telling people I&#8217;m an animal?!&#8217;&#8221; Daniel told Tim at the junket. &#8220;Somebody said to me, &#8216;That was kind of an animal kiss&#8217; and I said, &#8216;Yeah it was,&#8217; you know, in a good way. I think most men would agree &#8216;animal&#8217; is very positive.&#8221;

http://www.accesshollywood.com/harr...s-plus-more-potter-movies-ahead_article_39694

Nate Beeler, The Washington Examiner, Washington, D.C.
grondahl.jpg

Fans find 'Harry Potter' topless kiss 'awkward, creepy'

Watson said in an MTV interview that she recalled being surprised when the day before shooting she was told, "'Oh, by the way, we hope it's all right, but we want you to be topless, and we're going to cover you in silver paint.'"

She laughed and said, "It was awkward enough as it was without the silver paint and the strapless bra, but whatever. It works. It looks good for the story."

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...d-harry-potter-topless-kiss-awkward-creepy-/1

weightlifter316

Kevin Gates 4 President
Reaction score
I read the first two books after the first movie came out and quit reading them. I liked the movies a whole lot more.

That being said I thought Deathly Hallows Part I was awesome. It was slow but the acting was great and the atmosphere of the movie was dark and sad which made every scene stick. Loved it loved it loved it

FootballLady

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Overall, I liked it. If I am to pick nits, then I'll say that I was disappointed in the scene at Godric's Hollow. Hermione's conversation about "the last enemy to be conquered" is crucial to Harry's understanding of the difference b/w he and Voldemort.

Further, I didn't like how they portrayed Dobby's sacrifice. I thought it was obvious and, thus, less emotionally resonant.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom