The Deathly Hallows (1 Viewer)

Overall, I liked it. If I am to pick nits, then I'll say that I was disappointed in the scene at Godric's Hollow. Hermione's conversation about "the last enemy to be conquered" is crucial to Harry's understanding of the difference b/w he and Voldemort.

Further, I didn't like how they portrayed Dobby's sacrifice. I thought it was obvious and, thus, less emotionally resonant.

Good if you like seeing Harry Potter get his butt kicked for 2.5 hours. Seriously this guy doesn't have much time left to stop being a big sissy wizard.

I've seen the movies, have not read the books.

I've seen all the movies many times. I have not read any of the books.

After debating whether or not to wait for DH1 on disk, then watch it back-to-back with the final movie, I finally broke down and went to see it today.

I liked the entire thing, right up until it just stopped. This movie did not end. It stopped. I was eagerly looking forward to the next scene when suddenly the credits appeared.

I was really touched by the way they showed Luna's earnest and honest quirkiness in a very difficult moment for Harry.

Good show all the way around.

Good if you like seeing Harry Potter get his butt kicked for 2.5 hours. Seriously this guy doesn't have much time left to stop being a big sissy wizard.

I've seen the movies, have not read the books.
You're out of luck then, Harry remains a sissy wizard for the entire series.

Harry is a wuss. If I was his character I would of stroked at least a hundred chicks/witches by now.

Went with wife (she's the fan) this past weekend.

I thought it was the most boring HP movie so far.

I agree. The show was relatively boring. I know they are milking as much money out of patrons as they can considering the series in near an end, but really this could have been done in one movie.

It was slow. Nothing really exciting or fast paced happened for the most part.

I still enjoyed it though.

Went with wife (she's the fan) this past weekend.

I agree. The show was relatively boring. I know they are milking as much money out of patrons as they can considering the series in near an end, but really this could have been done in one movie.

Out of curiosity, have either of you read the books. I think that would guide your opinion of it since in this one a lot is implied.

Honestly, while I can't wait for the last installment. I'm even more excited by the BBC series version that is bound to be created once the films are finished. They will have the extra benefit of knowing the entire story arc and conclusion before beginning and the ability to devote time to storylines that are raised in a cumbersome rushed manner or not at all in the movies.

Like I said, my wife is the fan. No, I never read the books but to be honest, I always enjoyed the movies. This one dragged a bit imo.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom