The Decline of Our Nation (1 Viewer)

I buy all my woodies and pit stops from the Chinese. :9:

It's much cheaper than performing these actions myself.

My dad would likely say it relates to our passion for sports being much higher than our passion for politics/government/our leadership and the activities thereof.

don't forget the food the kids are eating - dramatically different from 30 or 50 years ago - both in the amount of chemicals, fats, sugars, etc as well as serving size

and don't forget the shrinking amount of activity kids are getting in school. There's just not enough time to run and play - we've got to get them ready for those standardized tests.

We know many of the reasons.... we just elect not to do anything about them widescale.

This^^^

the preservatives, the additives to maintain shelf life, "super birds" - chickens that can go from chick to full grown bird in 14 days...all that stuff gets input and resides in our bodies. Some metabolisms can deal with, others cannot.

Ive always believed that this was a side benefit to keeping physical, and manual labor jobs here at home. Too many peeps sitting in cubicles and offices, meetings and in the white collar world in general, adding to the Fatty Mcfats population.

Anyway, my pipes are high flow performance, I had kidney stone surgery this summer, im all good :hihi:

This^^^

the preservatives, the additives to maintain shelf life, "super birds" - chickens that can go from chick to full grown bird in 14 days...all that stuff gets input and resides in our bodies. Some metabolisms can deal with, others cannot.

You are correct as is RazorEye. Ah, the chickens. I'd more than happy to tell you all about the poultry industry and the truths and myths behind it all. I work in it.

Not taking away from your post though, you are dead on with all the preservatives and things our bodies can and can't and should and shouldn't handle.

Mountain Dew, McDonalds and Playstation are a deadly combo for today's population.

were you going for animosity or anonymity?

just curious.

Apparently, I'm going to a spelling class. :hihi:

I was going for both. Too many people are being internet tough guys whereas in the real world, civility would take over and cordial debates would take place as opposed to typing up fights.

don't forget the food the kids are eating - dramatically different from 30 or 50 years ago - both in the amount of chemicals, fats, sugars, etc as well as serving size.

Right on. It's amazing how I drop weight when I stay outside the country for any length of time. What's the difference? When I'm in Brazil, I walk a lot more, and the food here has a lot fewer additives. When you buy a Coke, it has cane sugar, not corn syrup. And not many foods have partially-hydrogenated oils. Fruit, vegetables, and meat are cheap, and frozen food, fast food, and pre-prepared stuff is expensive. People eat beans, rice, meat, and salad, and most of their desserts are based on fruit. It makes a huge difference.

Of course, the more widely popular McDonald's becomes here, and the more consumption patterns from the US and Western Europe take hold, the fatter people are getting. I've seen a big difference just in the 3-4 years I've been coming down here.

Mountain Dew, McDonalds and Playstation are a deadly combo for today's population.

congrats St. Anger; you may not be able to spell :)ezbill:), but you have summed up in one succinct sentence what the exact correct answer to this thread is... i don't think 'the internet' per se, or teevee in particular, are to blame for the problem-- rather, i believe it is the combination of food that isn't even real food, for Chrissakes, epitomized by mcDonald's and Mountain Dew, along with kids parking themselves in front of a Playstation (or teevee or computer) for hours on end, everyday, that are all forming a toxic storm of obesity, depression, lethargy and general malaise that is going to catch up with us as a country in the form of out-of-control healthcare costs if we're not careful... oh, wait.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom