The Definitive Account of the Bounty Saga (1 Viewer)

JoeIgottago

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
A great read, well sourced and a shaming of national and local press which failed to greet the NFL's allegations with any skepticism.

Of Bread and Circuses: The Story of Bountygate and the 2012 New Orleans Saints: Reid Gilbert: Amazon.com: Kindle Store

Book Description
Publication Date: March 20, 2013
Of Bread and Circuses: The Story of Bountygate and the 2012 New Orleans Saints (OBAC) chronicles the New Orleans Saints' 2012 calendar year, and examines the events of Bountygate in detail.

From a crushing January 2012 playoff loss in San Francisco to Sean Payton's reinstatement a year later, the Saints weaved their way through one of the strangest years in the history of professional sports.

OBAC revisits the happenings of the Saints' 2012 calendar year; traces the roots of Bountygate; analyzes the saga's many distortions and misconceptions; offers a wider context for the events in question; and theorizes on the scandal's legacy.

Of Bread and Circuses: The Story of Bountygate and the 2012 New Orleans Saints: Reid Gilbert: Amazon.com: Kindle Store

Anyone know the author Reid Gilbert? He has a website that says he is a '93 grad of Jesuit HS.

Anything aside from "Roger Goodell and the NFL attempted to set a franchise back several years" being written in as a "true" account is fallacy.

But yeah, I really want to stop talking about it. I won't forget (nor will really any of us), but it's time to move on.

What Roger did to this team was a travesty. However, I feel strongly that, with the legal action taken by Vilma and others, we have gotten just about all we will back from him and the league. Bring it up just causes more pain and anger. I'd rather move on and forget instead of rehash it by reading a book.

I'm glad it was written but we "lived" it. I can't read any more on the subject.

Someone please read this and let me know if it's worth my time.

I just read the title and figured a Jesuit grad, someone going back to his Latin background with the title ;0). He's right too, Goodell is setting the NFL up like Ancient Rome with he as Emperor doing whatever he wants thinking as long as he puts on a show and keeps the money flowing then HE decides what happens on and off the field. Goodell is the worst kind of Commisioner. Good for the author, I'll read it. Geaux Blue Jays

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom