The Delay in Signing Alontae Taylor (1 Viewer)

Loomis utilizes very special pens, so I’m sure the national supply chain delays are holding up the delivery of the refill cartridges

CGJ, Marcus Williams, MT13 just off the top of my head of 2nd round picks to make instant impact.

Good players are found outside of 1st round; saints have always targeted and done well. The grade on this draft won’t be understood until 2/3 years from now.
CGJ was a 4th round pick. Even better.

I challenge you the Rick Leonard pick! The forum hated that pick and ended up being right
Right... people and myself hated that pick. But people don't hate this pick. Just don't like it being too early since we have talent still in the board.

For a non first rounder, this pick gets more attention and scrutiny than any pick I have ever seen.
"But..but..but, DA knows exactly what he is doing", was the response of the vast majority on the boards that day when someone DARED to question the pick.

"But..but..but, DA knows exactly what he is doing", was the response of the vast majority on the boards that day when someone DARED to question the pick.
From the videos and interview there something about him that the coaches like . The guy want to be a leader. Very rare to find that in young players

From the videos and interview there something about him that the coaches like . The guy want to be a leader. Very rare to find that in young players
I hope that he is and am rooting for him/us. But the draft day enthusiasm (from us definitely and the FO alike???) vs. Honey Badger/Landry additions is not the same? U don't see (feel) it? Needed a TE. More palpable now than even on draft day.

I challenge you the Rick Leonard pick! The forum hated that pick and ended up being right
That was an awful pick. Fortt was another. The truth is that those picks lived up to expectations. Therein lies the concern for Taylor.

Last edited:
I hope that he is and am rooting for him/us. But the draft day enthusiasm (from us definitely and the FO alike???) vs. Honey Badger/Landry additions is not the same? U don't see (feel) it? Needed a TE. More palpable now than even on draft day.
Leaving aside the fact that we disagree on the TE need, how is it 'more palpable now then even on draft day'? What measurable thing has changed in the short intervening period?

On the field, nothing has yet happened. And off the field, there is the same ongoing volume of people offering their differing opinions on team needs. So no change.

If Trautman can’t beat a QB out at TE, shouldn’t that be a concern?
I'm pretty sure that it's been established that while he CAN pass the ball, he's not a QB.

He's an incredible all-around athlete. He's what Tebow "could have been"; a gifted football player and a leader. Doesn't make him a Quarterback. Hill is at his most dangerous when the other team doesn't know what he's going to do. And that's the role it seems that Allen wants him to play.

Leaving aside the fact that we disagree on the TE need, how is it 'more palpable now then even on draft day'? What measurable thing has changed in the short intervening period?

On the field, nothing has yet happened. And off the field, there is the same ongoing volume of people offering their differing opinions on team needs. So no change.
I truly hope that your optimism about not needing a TE is right. For the sake of the team.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom