The Delay in Signing Alontae Taylor (1 Viewer)

That was an awful pick. Fortt was another. The truth is that those picks lived up to expectations. Therein lies the concern for Taylor.
I hear ya, and understand what you're saying. BUT....Over the years...42 Good Apples vs 10 apples, Ill take those all day long. There will Never be 3 straight can't miss drafts. So, Accepting the bad apples because a majority of the good apples will make a GREAT APPLE PIE..lol

Our production from the 2018-2021 drafts has been average. 2018 gave us Davenport and little else--a very poor draft, especially considering the loss of our first-round pick in 2019. 2019 gave us McCoy and Gardner-Johnson--overall, a good effort. 2019 gave us Ruiz, Baun and Trautman--at this time, a poor draft. 2021 gave us Turner, Werner and Adebo--depending on Turner, the draft could be good or average.

Drafting late in rounds was a factor that must be considered. But so was our having fewer draft picks than nearly any other team because of our obsession in drafting up to select targeted players. In summary, our four first-round picks from 2018 through 2021 produced Davenport (who after 2022 will demand a huge contract to stay), Ruiz and Turner.

The Alontae Taylor selection is fair game for critical discussion. Like nearly everyone else on this forum, I know little about him. But it seems that in the middle of the second round, we could have done better; or we could have traded downward (though we never trade downward), picked Taylor at a lower spot, and obtained another draft pick. From experience, it seems that when teams high in the draft "overdraft" a player, the player too often disappoints.

Yeah because you could have gotten him in the third round. This is crazy because he won't even play this year besides special teams.

How many picks did you have us giving up to move up into the top 5 to pick one of those QBs who went after this kid?

Last edited:
How many teams passed on Kamara into the 3rd round? At least 31 twice.

Which is totally irrelevant when talking about literally any other player.

Jesus Christ. Your little draft guides and the media's supposed draft gurus didn't have him listed in the 2nd ground so now you think you know something. Those same people thought Matt Corral and Malik Willis were worth a first. Those same people that have you all upset, because we both know you didn't look at hours of film on all the CBs in the draft you're just parroting some media schmuck who's copying what he heard, had the Saints taking QBs that all NFL teams passed on 3 times. And NOT Speculative "I think he would have based on the fact I blindly trust draft gurus duh" passed on, LITERALLY because it actually happened passed on 3 times.

It's done. Let it go. Your go-to draft source Mel Kiper clone said the Saints reached. So what. For every draft personality you like, I can show you a hundred times they were wrong.

And for the people saying, they made the conclusion based on their own "research", I don't entertain liars. Move along.

Last edited:
Yeah because you could have gotten him in the third round. This is crazy because he won't even play this year besides special teams.
So I was on yahoo checking up on the news making sure WWIII hasn't started yet and ran into the "perfect" scenario Saints mock draft I wanted to share with everyone and get your opinion. I would give it an A+ if it turned out that way. (Source Draftwire)

1a. Garrett "Mr. Backshoulders" Wilson WR 4.38 40 time
1b. Trevor Penning LT
2. Sam Howell QB
3. John Ridgeway DT Arkansas 6'5 321 NT

This mock draft makes everyone on the board happy I think. Afterwards we resign Kwon Alexander and maybe we get lucky and sign Tyrann Mathieu to a 1yr deal. We would have the best defense in the league and a offense that can score points. This would be enough to win at least 10 or more games and get us in the playoffs healthy and maybe end up with a Cincinnati type situation where you get hot and who knows. Looking forward to yalls opinion.

Hey look at that! You wanted to use the 2nd round pick on Sam Howell, QB. It's not speculation when I say he was available in the 5th. And when exactly did you think Sam Howell would have played? Definitely not this year.

You should stop pretending to know who would be available in what round now. Just stop.

Hey look at that! You wanted to use the 2nd round pick on Sam Howell, QB. It's not speculation when I say he was available in the 5th. And when exactly did you think Sam Howell would have played? Definitely not this year.

You should stop pretending to know who would be available in what round now. Just stop.
And the 3rd Round pick - John Ridgeway - was 2 spots from being a 6th Rounder (pick 178 in the 5th).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom