The Demonstrations in Minnesota (Update: Now Nationwide){Now International} (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roiding out? Did he really charge the filmer like a bull? What the fork?

With his bike at that.

Someone on Twitter said he was caught. Not sure if true or not.

I don’t see a legal basis for a federal law requiring non-federal police to wear cameras. I suppose they could try some civil rights / equal-protection basis but it would be tough. But states could all do it.
How about starting with random drug tests including steroids? Lots of evidence and studies showing widespread steroid use in the police force. I mean, aggressive cop problem we could probably start with illegal drugs that cause aggression.

The little simple things we as a society have overlooked is alarming but not surprising.

With his bike at that.

Someone on Twitter said he was caught. Not sure if true or not.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of that sort of internet sleuthing -- I mean turning it in as a lead is fine, I guess, but I think it's a bad idea to just post a persons name and info like that

Yeah, I'm not a fan of that sort of internet sleuthing -- I mean turning it in as a lead is fine, I guess, but I think it's a bad idea to just post a persons name and info like that

the internet is going to do what it does and this guy will get caught and likely fired from his job...I don’t have any sympathy for him

the internet is going to do what it does and this guy will get caught and likely fired from his job...I don’t have any sympathy for him

Yes, but the internet doesn't have a great track record of always being correct. It's happened several times where they identify someone, and it's wrong. It gets corrected but not before that innocent person has been harrassed.

Yes, but the internet doesn't have a great track record of always being correct. It's happened several times where they identify someone, and it's wrong. It gets corrected but not before that innocent person has been harrassed.

No doubt...as long as they get the right guy i have no problem with it

When I first heard about this, I was both angry and disappointed, but this morning, after thinking longer about it, I realized that the NOPD probably was doing these people a huge favor, even though most of the crowd probably didn’t understand it while being gassed. Hopefully this does not offend anyone, but follow me here…

New Orleans, of all cities, has had one of, if not the most peaceful protests on this thing in the entire nation. Aside from great people that are use to large, melting pot type gatherings like this, as well as a police force used to dealing with crowd control and strategic parade planning, what does New Orleans have that most other cities don't? A predominantly black police force – something that seems to be very unique in our nation as far as big cities.

Do we really think it is a coincidence that New Orleans has had the most chill and relaxed peaceful protests of all cities? Trust me, it is not, and that has a lot to do with the police force setting a proper tone as friends, rather than adversaries, similar to what we have seen in other smaller cities that have taken a similar approach regardless of the police forces' predominant race.

Now on other hand, as a former Westbank resident that still has dealings, relatives, and acquaintances over there to this day, I speak from experience – the tide completely changes once you get to Jefferson Parish and Gretna. You go from having a predominantly black police force with the NOPD that would be okay with these protests, to an entire different vibe of authority presence once you go over to the Westbank and encounter JPSO/Gretna Police. Remember the “right wing,” “racist,” “meathead” and “jerk to be a jerk” cops I alluded to in my commentary post about the fallacy that "the majority of cops are good" a few days back, and how I said I believe these types of people are infesting police departments? Well, the Westbank is full of them. I know from my interactions with them that I have had in the past, and I know from many of the Facebook posts and replies I see from old “friends” that are now cops over there, along with the replies from their fellow police co-workers. It is a culture, and it is police forces like those that have become nothing more than Right Wing paramilitaries itching for confrontation with people protesting a cause like this. And that works both ways, because protesters can sense it too when interacting with those types of police forces, and they become more confrontational as a result.

If those New Orleans protesters were allowed to cross that bridge, I have read firsthand from one of those so-called old friends that “JP was ready for ‘em.” If those folks had crossed that bridge, that is when New Orleans would have turned into one of those ugly scenes we have seen so consistently on TV for the past week - where the police already have a bad, confrontational attitude about the whole protest in general and are looking for a fight, even if they have to create it themselves.

So with all that, kudos to the NOPD for taking one on the chin for the greater good.

....and on cue.

Pictures of the JPSO tonight, geared up like they're going into a dang war zone in Afghanistan:

vvqU1SE.jpg

4nI6e6x.jpg

jdh55To.jpg

WBDyjMy.jpg

Every damn night I see how the day went and its just video after video of police brutality. What is going on? Are they trying to make a point that they actually are as excessive as alleged?

Buffalo police might have killed an old guy on video tonight. Some LA cop was just teeing off on multiple people with his billy club. Multiple cops somewhere beat the living crap out of a woman who had the nerve to squirm out of custody after the cop put his hand on her breast. Why is it so hard for them to not beat people up?

Will Smith recently said "Racism is not getting worse; it's getting filmed."

I think the same holds true for police forces, and it is being revealed to be one of our country's dirty little secrets.

You could literally say the exact same thing for the pros unfortunately

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom