The Demonstrations in Minnesota (Update: Now Nationwide){Now International} (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted this years ago, but this is what bad policing looks like. Also what "over-policing" means. These disparities have been found in multiples areas. Ferguson kicked it off after the Michael Brown case. This is why you keep having these "riots" every other decade.

The Times analysis found that across the city, 24% of black drivers and passengers were searched, compared with 16% of Latinos and 5% of whites, during a recent 10-month period.

That means a black person in a vehicle was more than four times as likely to be searched by police as a white person, and a Latino was three times as likely.

Yet whites were found with drugs, weapons or other contraband in 20% of searches, compared with 17% for blacks and 16% for Latinos. The totals include both searches of the vehicles and pat-down searches of the occupants.

How body cams work, or not.

How the hell do those two guys still have jobs? Hell, how aren't they in jail?

I'm hoping the guy sues the crap out of them and gets his record expunged. How many others have they done this to?

why is the "evidence" of the body cams hidden from defendants or the courts?

Last edited:
Are we at the point where "just sprinkle a little crack on him" has turned to "just drop a gun somewhere in the area?"

I don't think this is new. I worked with a guy who was previously a Sheriffs deputy for Denton County TX. I asked him if cops had throw down guns like I saw on the show The Shield and he said they absolutely do.

He told me he had quit that job and went to work in IT because he said as a Christian there is no way he could do that job anymore and was afraid if he didn't go along with what the other officers did regularly he would be seen as an outcast and would fear retaliation. Definitely did not sound like a situation where most cops are good, but it could be Denton County Sheriffs were more corrupt than other departments.

This is seriously some forked up stuff.
Seeing sheet like that and knowing they've been doing it to people for at least the two years since that incident happened (and God only knows how long before) really makes me angry. I've had sheet planted on me before and ended up doing the same thing this dude did in taking a plea for a misdemeanor because what other option did I have? These two need to be arrested, prosecuted and every single arrest they've ever made needs to be re-evaluated. That's the only solution to deal with these two, IMO.

Another thing...I'm getting really tired of hearing "But 95% of cops are good cops." No, they aren't. Because they say nothing and allow bad cops to continue abusing their power. I don't care if you personally haven't done anything to abuse your power, by staying on the job and not doing anything to stop cops who you know are abusing their power makes you just as bad of a cop as them.

Seeing sheet like that and knowing they've been doing it to people for at least the two years since that incident happened (and God only knows how long before) really makes me angry. I've had sheet planted on me before and ended up doing the same thing this dude did in taking a plea for a misdemeanor because what other option did I have? These two need to be arrested, prosecuted and every single arrest they've ever made needs to be re-evaluated. That's the only solution to deal with these two, IMO.

Evaluated? I would free anyone who was arrested by those 2 thugs, particularly if they were drug related. They're not cops in any meaningful way. Screw them and anyone who makes excuses for that kind of behavior.

Another thing...I'm getting really tired of hearing "But 95% of cops are good cops." No, they aren't. Because they say nothing and allow bad cops to continue abusing their power. I don't care if you personally haven't done anything to abuse your power, by staying on the job and not doing anything to stop cops who you know are abusing their power makes you just as bad of a cop as them.

I might have said 95% a few years ago. Now? Not anymore. As long as police unions are protecting and even enabling this scum, I'm never giving them the time of day. I mean, I'm white and I avoid any contact with cops if at all possible. I can't imagine what it's like as a POC and be profiled for a traffic stop.

Are there good cops? Sure, but there sure as heck aren't enough of them.

Evaluated? I would free anyone who was arrested by those 2 thugs, particularly if they were drug related. They're not cops in any meaningful way. Screw them and anyone who makes excuses for that kind of behavior.
That's what I mean. Pull all their arrests and let out all the misdemeanors. Felony battery and things like that should be looked at a little closer. You can't release murderers where they just happened to catch someone while there was a whole investigation led by detectives with oversight from someone with even higher rank. All of their random street stops should be an easy review as well.

That's what I mean. Pull all their arrests and let out all the misdemeanors. Felony battery and things like that should be looked at a little closer. You can't release murderers where they just happened to catch someone while there was a whole investigation led by detectives with oversight from someone with even higher rank. All of their random street stops should be an easy review as well.

Yep, major crimes are probably not under their purview, so any of the random stops and misdemeanor charges should be outright dismissed and charges expunged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom