The Demonstrations in Minnesota (Update: Now Nationwide){Now International} (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't know that looks like a noose to me

ETA: This likely won't be a popular opinion but it would not shock me if it was a pully for the door but the person who made it was a moron and didn't realize what he did.

It may not have been specifically directed at anybody in particular, but the intent is pretty obvious.

Last edited:

I don't know that looks like a noose to me

ETA: This likely won't be a popular opinion but it would not shock me if it was a pully for the door but the person who made it was a moron and didn't realize what he did.

Lots of bays there. How many others have a noose?

I think whoever made it several months ago absolutely knew what he was making. I don't think it was made with Wallace in mind because that person couldn't have known Wallace would be assigned the garage. Just a weird coincidence.

Wallace shouldn't get any grief over this because it wasn't his idea, and he didn't ask for this attention.
Yeah, you just don't tie a noose by accident and it's not really useful as a pull. I could buy that someone did it thinking it would be funny, but it's really not.

It is a noose. I have a thing for tying knots. You'd use a bowline or something like that for a pull. Never moves and never comes undone. And it's hanging way lower than a pull tie to pull down the garage door should be. You'd have to grab it a lot higher than where the hole is for leverage and if you pulled it using the loop, it'd close on your hand.

That picture is 100% a noose and a noose would make a terrible pull down. It could have been any number of reasons it was tied there, but being a good pull down is not one of those reasons.

I agree with you. All I can say is this, many many moons ago I worked on oil rigs. I new nothing of all the names and types of rope knots. Every now and then the Driller or lead deck would have me tie a rope. Every single time it damn near came out like above. Then instead of actually showing me how to do it they would just call me a dumbarse and shake their head an redo it. Rinse wash repeat. I could possibly see something like that being the case where they got some random dummy and said "hey heres some rope make a pully". Allegedly this just didn't happen (I'd have to verify) but it has been there for around a year now.

A noose is actually a complicated and time consuming knot to tie. Noone accidentally ties a perfect noose. A slip knot perhaps, or some messed up version of a hitch... but no chance of a noose.

Another thing...I'm getting really tired of hearing "But 95% of cops are good cops." No, they aren't. Because they say nothing and allow bad cops to continue abusing their power. I don't care if you personally haven't done anything to abuse your power, by staying on the job and not doing anything to stop cops who you know are abusing their power makes you just as bad of a cop as them.
I don’t disagree but it is easier said than done.

Lots of bays there. How many others have a noose?
They actually checked every bay at every track they use and this was the only one with a pull cord as a noose. Only like 11 others even had "handles" on them. The rest just had a piece of rope hanging from the door. I think I put that tweet in this thread earlier.

They actually checked every bay at every track they use and this was the only one with a pull cord as a noose. Only like 6 others even had "handles" on them. The rest just had a piece of rope hanging from the door. I think I put that tweet in this thread earlier.
This is the info I needed. I didn’t think much of the noose when I saw it but understand how someone could perceive it. When compared to other garages, this could have been the intent since others didn’t have it but likely will never know.

This is the info I needed. I didn’t think much of the noose when I saw it but understand how someone could perceive it. When compared to other garages, this could have been the intent since others didn’t have it but likely will never know.

Well the FBI said the noose had been there at least since October 2019. It's a pretty distant chance it was intended for Wallace, unless someone was playing a really long game. It could have been tied "in fun" or it could have been tied in hopes it was found one day. However, it wasn't tied in response to 2020 protests or the banning of the Confederate flag.

Well the FBI said the noose had been there at least since October 2019. It's a pretty distant chance it was intended for Wallace, unless someone was playing a really long game. It could have been tied "in fun" or it could have been tied in hopes it was found one day. However, it wasn't tied in response to 2020 protests or the banning of the Confederate flag.
They (NASCAR) know whose crew was in the bay at that time. They're looking into him and his crew. They said it wasn't there at the start of October but was there after the race they had that month.

I also don't think it was meant for Wallace, just some hillbilly racist thinking he's cute to get a laugh out of the rest of the hillbilly racist crew.

I tend to think it was a bad prank and no one bothered to take it down. Just a weird coincidence that Wallace happened to get that stall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom