The Demonstrations in Minnesota (Update: Now Nationwide){Now International} (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
I'm starting a thread here for those who want to discuss the riots that have/are taking place because of the unspeakable inhumanity of that pathetic excuse for a police officer murdering a black man by kneeling on his neck for what I believe was ten minutes or so.

The other thread is about the murder and the discussion is getting derailed with the two topics going simultaneously. Of course I don't like to see riots ever happen, but I totally understand why they do when they make sense. This isn't Los Angeles looting and rioting because the Lakers won a championship. This is (even worse than) the Rodney King riots. After Philando Castile being murdered on camera and the cop getting acquitted in the same area of the state, if you can't understand why people are rioting now, here's the thread for you to find out. Racism is why they're rioting. They don't feel like there's another choice since this kind of thing keeps happening over and over again with little to no repercussions to the murderers in many cases.

Anyway, respect the other thread's topic and discussion and talk about your feelings about the riots - or rioting in general - in this thread if that's what you want to talk about.

I'm starting a thread here for those who want to discuss the riots that have/are taking place because of the unspeakable inhumanity of that pathetic excuse for a police officer murdering a black man by kneeling on his neck for what I believe was ten minutes or so.

The other thread is about the murder and the discussion is getting derailed with the two topics going simultaneously. Of course I don't like to see riots ever happen, but I totally understand why they do when they make sense. This isn't Los Angeles looting and rioting because the Lakers won a championship. This is (even worse than) the Rodney King riots. After Philando Castile being murdered on camera and the cop getting acquitted in the same area of the state, if you can't understand why people are rioting now, here's the thread for you to find out. Racism is why they're rioting. They don't feel like there's another choice since this kind of thing keeps happening over and over again with little to no repercussions to the murderers in many cases.

Anyway, respect the other thread's topic and discussion and talk about your feelings about the riots - or rioting in general - in this thread if that's what you want to talk about.
is anybody else listening to the app "scanner radio" to hear this live? It is an interesting perspective...cops trying to protect property.

Ricardo Lopez (@rljourno) Tweeted:
Diane Binns was president of the NAACP St. Paul from 2016-2018. She was here for the north Minneapolis riots in the 60s https://t.co/AuuHIdAxZx

Posted in prior thread...this is more appropriate to this thread?

is anybody else listening to the app "scanner radio" to hear this live? It is an interesting perspective...cops trying to protect property.

I'm hard of hearing, so I'm not sure how useful it would be for me. I can't really understand much of anything spoke over the radio or a phone. Sounds interesting though.

Ricardo Lopez (@rljourno) Tweeted:
Diane Binns was president of the NAACP St. Paul from 2016-2018. She was here for the north Minneapolis riots in the 60s https://t.co/AuuHIdAxZx

Posted in prior thread...this is more appropriate to this thread?

I saw those tweets earlier. That is kind of amazing. Riots 60 years later for the same damn thing (racism).

I saw those tweets earlier. That is kind of amazing. Riots 60 years later for the same damn thing (racism).
A picture worth 1000 words?

6ced3f4bece6cf84936b7ca8f63fc44cf98d1451.jpg

Last edited:

Minnesota is in trouble. Cops cannot contain this, and it is all races rioting and destroying businesses. Scanner radio said TJmax is on fire. Verizon and Footlocker heavily damaged. Not sure if Target is still in play. At this point, sadly, I wonder how much this has to do about the murder by the cops, or just people out rioting and "having fun"? UPS building just now in trouble.

So they are back at target, climbed in through the roof. These people are determined to loot target and I'll bet many of them dont even know what they are protesting. It's a free for all.

I ran across this and think it might be worth considering. I'm not sure it's 100% accurate, but it does seem to have some validity.

7d9c92e8b33f9a5b42b4302af69289be5bee78b8.jpg
Well, I'm glad I live out in the country, and have the means to protect myself if I am threatened. edited to add, you dont get to break down my door and not expect a gun in your face...if I'm home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom