The Derek Chauvin trial {Mod Edit: Guilty on all charges} (1 Viewer)

just somewhat researched. can he really only serve 12.5 years? says Minnesota sentencing guidelines recommend 12.5 years imprisonment on conviction of that charge
I was more pointing out a lot of people think he did nothing wrong.

Except for the part where she thought SHE was running the courtroom and not the judge, the trial is going smoother than I thought it would.
Yes, I think she got into it with the defense attorney and was castigated by the judge.

Yes, I think she got into it with the defense attorney and was castigated by the judge.

.........."Do not argue with the court, do not argue with counsel, answer the questions, do not volunteer information that is not requested," Judge Peter Cahill told Genevieve Hansen, a firefighter who was off duty at the time of Floyd's death and testified that she was not allowed to give him aid.

The judge's admonition followed Hansen's replies to defense attorney Eric Nelson.

After Nelson asked about the mood of the crowd near the May 25 police encounter that ended in Floyd's death and whether people were angry, Hansen replied: "I don't know if you've seen anybody be killed, but it's upsetting."

At another point, she answered "yes" before Nelson had finished asking a question.........

'Do not argue with the court': Chauvin trial judge warns witness in tense exchange (msn.com)

arrest and put in car. maybe. kneeling on neck for 9 minutes killing him, nah he did that on purpose and had an agenda.
I know some people who are sticking to the 'he died of a heart attack' or 'died because he OD'd'. and there's the ones who go with 'he deserved it' crowd.

arrest and put in car. maybe. kneeling on neck for 9 minutes killing him, nah he did that on purpose and had an agenda.
Derek Chauvin murdered George Floyd. He’s unrepentant and unremorseful about it. Yes he had an agenda.

I just hope the jury comes to a swift verdict. This shouldn't be all that difficult to figure out. But, I've never been in a jury deliberation room, so...who knows?
That's why trials aren't carried out by our news media. You've only seen their side. We've never heard the other side yet. Doesn't seem to matter though. He's done one way or the other.

That's why trials aren't carried out by our news media. You've only seen their side. We've never heard the other side yet. Doesn't seem to matter though. He's done one way or the other.

Maybe. He's entitled to a fair trial like everyone else. So the defense will have an opportunity to present their side of the story, which is where it will be won or lost. That said, unless there's something major we're not seeing at this point, Chauvin will probably go to prison for a while.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom