The Derek Chauvin trial {Mod Edit: Guilty on all charges} (2 Viewers)

Reaction score
Sticky Post
I don’t have much to say about this but if you heard the testimony of some of the prosecutions witnesses today and didn’t have a tear in your eye you aren’t human. Yes the man had a criminal record, yes the man had drugs in his body but he didn’t deserve to die like that. Could the drugs have killed him???? Maybe. Did he have other health conditions that could’ve killed him???? Maybe. But that cop took those decisions into his on hands and brought about an outrage in this country that’s been at the surface for a long time. God it’s time we turn to you.

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think this case was always a clear example of a somewhat normal arrest, turn into an aggressive arrest, and then go into a ridiculously long pseudo choke hold to get the victim to "stop resisting", and then passes out, and CONTINUES TO KEEP HIS KNEE ON HIS NECK for minutes!

I don't know where the line is exactly, but somewhere between ridiculously long pseudo choke hold and continuing long after the victim passed out is where it was clearly murder. I mean, seriously, after a while, even if the victim didn't die, he'd probably have brain damage from oxygen depravation.

I think almost everyone recognized it when they saw the video.

Glad to see the Jury did too, and followed the other evidence and the law. It should be the expected result vs a 'positive' result.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Breonna Taylor’s killer - one of them - signed a book deal this week (yes publisher backed out of a deal they never should have made )
While a just verdict was handed down , it is one step on a very, very, very, very long road

Makiya Bryant had called the police bc she was defending herself from an attack (she was holding a knife). Officer drove up and shot her 4 times
She was 15 years old

kizzy821

#1 BandWagon Fan
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Well the Jury made its decision. It is what it is. Now people can go back to not caring about civilians murdering civilians.
How do you accurately judge/determine what people (citizens?) care about.

What normal person wants anyone to just be killing anyone. What an ugly mind to think that no one cares if civilians kill each other.

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
I have not watched any coverage of the trial, and my view on the awful militarized unaccountable police is no secret.
The question I have heard asked is, if he was following the training and protocol given to him by the government, is he still guilty of murder?
Has this been addressed in the trial, or has it all been "OMG racism!"

Police murdered Duncan Lemp and there was not even a trial, and of course and they tried to make him out to be a terrorist.
He over policed. Plain and simple

LAhotsauce

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
How do you accurately judge/determine what people (citizens?) care about.

What normal person wants anyone to just be killing anyone. What an ugly mind to think that no one cares if civilians kill each other.

Don't fall for this ignorant dog whistle of his. These little remarks have obvious meanings at this point.

Reaction score
Nice to see the all the returns come back guilty. Guy is trash who had a ton of complaints against him over the years. Minnesota has big problems when it comes to policing in that state. Every 8-11 months some police district in that state is making national news and I'm frankly sick of it. The hammer should come down upon that entire state in how policing is done there. One report I read had 22 listed complaints against Chauvin over a 19 year career at the department, how the hell was this clown at least not confined to a desk or fired way before the Floyd murder.

OP
Tony1Saintfan
Reaction score
I found this too.

So, I'd guess 12 and a half years is what he'll get.
If I were betting on I’ll say a minimum of 15. Then he’ll be on tv talking about some crime stories. This kind of stuff makes me sick. If you are a child abuser a bad cop and several others I could list hang them off the Mississippi River bridge and let them swing for a few days.

mjcouvi

Hi
Reaction score
There's talk on grounds for appeal. The jury couldn't be kept from outside influences/public coverage of Floyd's death, and that could have tainted the verdict.

I don't really care about that. I'm elated by the verdict.

In a way this doesn't feel like a verdict from just the jury, it feels like a ruling from the concerned public in general, and I like that. The jury represented me and most of us who saw all the evidence broadcast every day. Thanks to the jury.

I hope that, after appeals, the verdict stands and Chauvin serves the maximum time.

zeetes

yo’ robbie fordz fo lyfe
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Not most.....all. Only people who are purposefully twisted, hateful and demented try to make it anything other than cold blooded murder.
what a sheetastic way for it to have to happen. only positive is little justice. very little. i'm still in the camp of being more 1st than 2nd degree.

i'm hesitant to see the actual sentencing.

Reaction score
There's talk on grounds for appeal. The jury couldn't be kept from outside influences/public coverage of Floyd's death, and that could have tainted the verdict.

I don't really care about that. I'm elated by the verdict.

In a way this doesn't feel like a verdict from just the jury, it feels like a ruling from the concerned public in general, and I like that. The jury represented me and most of us who saw all the evidence broadcast every day. Thanks to the jury.

I hope that, after appeals, the verdict stands and Chauvin serves the maximum time.
Yeah...he’s guilty. But I do think the appeal is reasonable. The jury selection and preventing outside influence was probably impossible on this one. But I’m glad for at least a moment the family gets justice and can begin to heal.

brandon8283

Probably a drive-by
Reaction score
I found this too.

So, I'd guess 12 and a half years is what he'll get.
What I saw this morning said that 12 1/2 is the starting point for someone with no criminal history, but because of multiple aggravating factors (cruelty, the presence of minors), he will likely have additional years tacked on.

bigdaddysaints

BigDaddy Has Arrived
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah...he’s guilty. But I do think the appeal is reasonable. The jury selection and preventing outside influence was probably impossible on this one. But I’m glad for at least a moment the family gets justice and can begin to heal.
IMO, If some of the jurors ONLY voted guilty because of the riot threat or whatever, then he wouldn't have been found guilty on all 3 charges. They would have gone with one of the lesser charges.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom