The Derek Chauvin trial {Mod Edit: Guilty on all charges} (1 Viewer)

Guilty on all counts.
1618960683570.png

seriously, good riddance. Chauvin gave well-meaning and honest cops a bad name, so 'bye. I'm sorry for whatever made Chauvin into the terrible LEO he was, but we're best off shut of him.

Last edited:
Because I don't believe that you're being earnest. I don't understand what it is that you don't understand.

What is there to discuss?

Turmoil is defined as a state of great disturbance, confusion, or uncertainty. I would say that the country has been greatly disturbed over this trial and uncertain of it's outcome and I hope now the country can find some amount of peace in the conviction of Chauvin. What about that is confusing to you?

The feeling is mutual. So you were talking specifically about the trial. Now I know. Now I can respond to what you said.

I think there's a good bit of "turmoil" still plaguing the country that isn't addressed by a verdict that seemed like a slam dunk but was very much uncertain because of the US's history in cases like these. That being said, the verdict may certainly prevent any immediate unrest that could have resulted. Bigger picture, I think most would agree that we have a ways still to go address the "turmoil" that lead to this case in the first place.

The officer was found guilty but let’s wait and see what his sentence is. 99.5% of the time I back the blue. But when a officer breaks the law his arse needs to go to jail just like any of us would.

I found this too.

So, I'd guess 12 and a half years is what he'll get.

Second-degree unintentional murder is punishable by up to 40 years in prison. Third-degree murder is punishable by up to 25 years in prison. However, Minnesota sentencing guidelines call for identical presumptive prison terms for both counts, starting at 12 1/2 years for someone with no criminal history.

Second-degree manslaughter is punishable by up to 10 years in prison and/or a fine of $20,000. The count carries a presumptive sentence of four years for someone with no criminal history.

I think this case was always a clear example of a somewhat normal arrest, turn into an aggressive arrest, and then go into a ridiculously long pseudo choke hold to get the victim to "stop resisting", and then passes out, and CONTINUES TO KEEP HIS KNEE ON HIS NECK for minutes!

I don't know where the line is exactly, but somewhere between ridiculously long pseudo choke hold and continuing long after the victim passed out is where it was clearly murder. I mean, seriously, after a while, even if the victim didn't die, he'd probably have brain damage from oxygen depravation.

I think almost everyone recognized it when they saw the video.

Glad to see the Jury did too, and followed the other evidence and the law. It should be the expected result vs a 'positive' result.

Breonna Taylor’s killer - one of them - signed a book deal this week (yes publisher backed out of a deal they never should have made )
While a just verdict was handed down , it is one step on a very, very, very, very long road

Makiya Bryant had called the police bc she was defending herself from an attack (she was holding a knife). Officer drove up and shot her 4 times
She was 15 years old

Well the Jury made its decision. It is what it is. Now people can go back to not caring about civilians murdering civilians.
How do you accurately judge/determine what people (citizens?) care about.

What normal person wants anyone to just be killing anyone. What an ugly mind to think that no one cares if civilians kill each other.

I have not watched any coverage of the trial, and my view on the awful militarized unaccountable police is no secret.
The question I have heard asked is, if he was following the training and protocol given to him by the government, is he still guilty of murder?
Has this been addressed in the trial, or has it all been "OMG racism!"

Police murdered Duncan Lemp and there was not even a trial, and of course and they tried to make him out to be a terrorist.
He over policed. Plain and simple

How do you accurately judge/determine what people (citizens?) care about.

What normal person wants anyone to just be killing anyone. What an ugly mind to think that no one cares if civilians kill each other.

Don't fall for this ignorant dog whistle of his. These little remarks have obvious meanings at this point.

Nice to see the all the returns come back guilty. Guy is trash who had a ton of complaints against him over the years. Minnesota has big problems when it comes to policing in that state. Every 8-11 months some police district in that state is making national news and I'm frankly sick of it. The hammer should come down upon that entire state in how policing is done there. One report I read had 22 listed complaints against Chauvin over a 19 year career at the department, how the hell was this clown at least not confined to a desk or fired way before the Floyd murder.

I found this too.

So, I'd guess 12 and a half years is what he'll get.
If I were betting on I’ll say a minimum of 15. Then he’ll be on tv talking about some crime stories. This kind of stuff makes me sick. If you are a child abuser a bad cop and several others I could list hang them off the Mississippi River bridge and let them swing for a few days.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom