The Dez signing reminds me of the Shockey signing (1 Viewer)

CHI-TOWNSAINT

More than 15K posts served!
Gold VIP Contributor
Ratings
Didn't we trade for Shockey? From the Giants? Methinks the Eli Apple trade is a more apt analogy.
Other than the fact they both played for the Giants, how is that a better comparison than Shockey to Dez?

The OP was comparing their previous reputations to actual New Orleans experiences....which Shockey was no locker room distraction.

Ratings
Other than the fact they both played for the Giants, how is that a better comparison than Shockey to Dez?

The OP was comparing their previous reputations to actual New Orleans experiences....which Shockey was no locker room distraction.
Apple also had locker room issues in NY (got blasted by Landon Collins IIRC). He will also help us win a SB. He is a former Giant. He does play defense while Dez is on offense, but by my counting, Eli checks more boxes on the Shockey similarity meter. Not that it matters because we still end up with a Lombardi regardless.

Madmarsha

Love this team!
VIP Contributor
Ratings
I likened this to a mid-season Mike Mackenzie signing; but, you're right, I thought about the Shockey signing as far as having a guy come here with a LOT of controversy preceding him.

t-rex23

I Owe Drew
Ratings
The main difference to me is the expectation on both players.

When we traded for Shockey we were still looking for a solid Identity in a way. Shockey was supposed to be a difference maker in the offense.

Dez really doesn't carry that weight coming in. Dez will only be required to be productive. A few first downs a game or red zone targets is all we really need from him to make us unstoppable. The infrastructure of a potentially all time great Saints team is already in place.

That is why I love the Dez signing. We had a hole in the offense that Dez is tailor made to fill

And if he can't live up to those expectations then we still have the the greatest QB and WR seasons in team history with Kamara having an incredible year

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Saints Headlines (The Advocate)

Headlines

Top Bottom