The DMV.. (1 Viewer)

I'm actually going today but I have to go in person to get that new REAL ID thing. I was just going to renew online but I might as well get the REAL ID now so I don't have to get it in 2020.

I'm going to the Mandeville location. I get off at 2:30 so I should have enough time to get it done. Wish me luck!!

I'm actually going today but I have to go in person to get that new REAL ID thing. I was just going to renew online but I might as well get the REAL ID now so I don't have to get it in 2020.

I'm going to the Mandeville location. I get off at 2:30 so I should have enough time to get it done. Wish me luck!!

i am pretty sure you can get the Real ID at one of the express lane places....i was at the one above Parran's in Metairie and they have signs about it all over the place....it took me about 30 minutes to renew my DL there

Over half the people that go to the DMV could go to one of the contractors to handle what they need at basically no extra cost. From my understanding they can handle almost everything except a suspended liscence due to a Louisiana Revenue suspension..

they cannot do first issue or REALID ( was at ABC Title and License and was told this- they cant yet)

i am pretty sure you can get the Real ID at one of the express lane places....i was at the one above Parran's in Metairie and they have signs about it all over the place....it took me about 30 minutes to renew my DL there

LOL ABC i just called about this REAL ID- they cant (yet)

However as im reading your post she says "wanna know a secret? go to the one above Parrans inMetaire- they can"

LOLOL.

to piggyback off antipop

go here....
Mandeville985-624-44451715 N. Causeway Blvd Mandeville, LA 70471Monday thru Friday 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
http://dpsweb.dps.louisiana.gov/omv...4bd857f1261eb52c862569dc007c3d1a?OpenDocument

its literally right next door to DMV.

yeah I know the place you are talking about. I got my temporary Handicap tag there in October (I tore my MCL in september and am almost back to 100% but have a handicap placard till 10/19 whooo!) but I don't think they can issue the real ID though. I will stop in there first to ask as it is literally right next door. I will let you guys know if you can or can not.

I am getting the REAL ID as my DL expires on Wednesday and if you plan to fly after October 2020 you have to have one so might as well get it now as the price is the same as a DL renewal. My wife got hers in October and said it was no problem.

If you plan to get the Real ID, be sure to research the documents you need to bring in advance. Don't be like me and wait 2+ hours only to get told that I had to bring yet another proof of address.

Yeah I thought that too until the other two finally started calling numbers after 9 am.

I was there with first born. She driving now... So watch out.

Very kind man who was able to go next door and renew his license gave us his ticket. 8 ahead of ours. You could feel the stares lol

We moved to Folsom last year. When Jr got his permit, my wife brought him to the DMV in Franklinton. He was back to school in Covington by 9:00. On the same day, a friend whose son was going to the Mandeville DMV didn't get seen until have 12:00.

Don't sleep on the "rural" offices.

sigh. in louisiana, it is an office, not a department.

omv. office of motor vehicles.

i mean c’mon, show some respect to one of the worst agencies in the state.

Out here it’s the MVA

Motor Vehicle Administration

Same thing though

I swear their want ad reads:

Do you hate people? Do you enjoy making people miserable? If so we have the career for you!

Out here it’s the MVA

Motor Vehicle Administration

Same thing though

I swear their want ad reads:

Do you hate people? Do you enjoy making people miserable? If so we have the career for you!
Consider the environment. Low pay, entitled twits angry at you all day for something which isn't your fault, and generally dumped on by administration.

You know, like teachers only you don't get to not deal with kids during the summer.

UPDATE: I went to the Mandeville OMV and got my REAL ID no problem.

I asked at the express place next door and they do NOT do the real ID so I had to go to the real OMV.

So get this, I got there at about 2:30 or so and pulled my number and sat down and began to wait. Place was pretty full so wasn't looking good. I got number B19 or something. Lady starts calling numbers in the 70's and I am thinking oh sweet jeebus! o_O Then she says 74.....75.......76.....and then the guy next to me gives me his number and says "here take it I am waiting for my daughter"....so I take and say "I am 76" and then go to the teller and get my REAL ID in about 10 minutes. Paid cash and it is the same fee price as a regular DL renewal so you might as well just get it now if your DL is about to expire. Anyway, after I get my new ID I go back and thank the man who gave me his number and he explains that he was waiting for his daughter to get our of school to get her permit so he came early and just pulled several numbers spaced apart to not have to wait till she gets there. So he shows me that he pulled #76 at 12:45, they called the number at 2:30 or so. So took almost 2 hours to get to that number. I might not have had to wait 2 hours but thank goodness that man gave me his number. I was out of there by 2:50.

So thank you to the random gentlemen who gave me his number. If I ever see you again I owe you a drink (y)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom