The doctor will see your credit now... (1 Viewer)

primadox

Hurricane Bear Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Houston TX, via Parsippany, NJ and New Orleans
Is "MedFICO" something we should start to worry about?

The folks who invented the credit score for lenders are hard at work developing a similar tool for hospitals and other health care providers.

The project, dubbed “MedFICO” in some early press reports, will aid hospitals in assessing a patient’s ability to pay their medical bills. But privacy advocates are worried that the notorious errors that have caused frequent criticism of the credit system will also cause trouble with any attempt to create a health-related risk score. They also fear that a low score might impact the quality of the health care that patients receive.

http://redtape.msnbc.com/2008/01/the-doctor-wi-1.html#posts

Because the credit rating companies have done such a great job.

"They also fear that a low score might impact the quality of the health care that patients receive. "

Not only the low scoring individuals, but I would most certainly think that it would impact the higher scoring individuals also. Since the healthcare industry is also a business, I'd think that a higher scoring individual might be offered a few additional services not necessarily required just to increase their bill, especially since their score shows they are more likely capable of paying their bill.

I sure am glad I live in the country with the greatest health care system.

Oh, wait . . . .

My wife has a tumor under her temporal lobe about the size of my fist: $200,000 for six days. Our insurance covered 90, after the ded. of course. So, we are blessed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom