The Dolly Parton is an American Treasure Thread (1 Viewer)

Propping up an entire region of eastern Tennessee economically isn't good enough?

As I said above, she may have just been having a bad month or two when he was working with her.
I don’t want to have my own opinion here Chuck as I’ll be silenced and have my posting privileges revoked as they just were in the COViD thread lol.
So, I take back my assertion as I’m just a filthy moronic liar and should just keep my dissenting opinions to myself.
When in Rome. ?

Lord I handed out a ‘meh’ and to one of my favorite people here. I feel terrible. Very seldom get involved in anything but a smiley emoji.

However, I couldn’t refrain. My Dad worked with her and she’s not at all a nice person. At all.
Right up there in her nastiness with Reba.
in a industry fueled by airing dirty laundry within a culture that loves to prop up then tear down icons, i have to say that i've never heard even a whiff of this

in a industry fueled by airing dirty laundry within a culture that loves to prop up then tear down icons, i have to say that i've never heard even a whiff of this

Read above Guido.
It’s anecdotal, and she may have just been having a rough go of it.

And as above, I don’t want to have my own opinion as that’s frowned upon here, unless it fits the narrative and beliefs of those that rule.

So, being the moron liar that perpetuates aforementioned lies I take it back. Surely my father was lying. Our bad.

As I said above, she may have just been having a bad month or two when he was working with her.
I don’t want to have my own opinion here Chuck as I’ll be silenced and have my posting privileges revoked as they just were in the COViD thread lol.
So, I take back my assertion as I’m just a filthy moronic liar and should just keep my dissenting opinions to myself.
When in Rome. ?

Oh now I know you're capable of both having an opinion and defending it.

I will say that "my dad worked for her for a couple of months and said she wasn't nice" is a pretty suspect basis to reject someone with such a public record of accomplishment. I'm not saying you have to like her, but she's done a lot - and a lot of good for a lot of people. Even if sometimes she doesn't come across as not nice. Very busy people often come across that way.

And as above, I don’t want to have my own opinion as that’s frowned upon here, unless it fits the narrative and beliefs of those that rule.

So, being the moron liar that perpetuates aforementioned lies I take it back. Surely my father was lying. Our bad.
i think you might be a bit hyperbolic here:unsure:
you seem to take great pride in adopting this 'they're out to get me' position
which is not a problem but getting the vapors about it :idunno:

Oh now I know you're capable of both having an opinion and defending it.

I will say that "my dad worked for her for a couple of months and said she wasn't nice" is a pretty suspect basis to reject someone with such a public record of accomplishment. I'm not saying you have to like her, but she's done a lot - and a lot of good for a lot of people. Even if sometimes she doesn't come across as not nice. Very busy people often come across that way.

You’re right Chuck. And no sarcasm when I say I’ve enjoyed talking to you over the years.
We don’t always agree but you carry yourself very well and I can tell you’re a good person.
I don’t mean to slander or slight Dolly and I wasn’t there. My father is many things but a liar isn’t one of them, however I wasn’t there.

Dolly has done wonderful things and that’s awesome. Actions speak louder than words and all.

And no, no more opinion from me. It doesn’t fit into the box that the gestapo want it to be in so I’m constantly reprimanded now, for speaking my mind. Life is too short and I’m lucky to still be living it. Knowing that I won’t change who I am, and that my opinions don’t fly here, I’ll be milquetoast for the rest of the time I’m here.
Been here 23 years, loved it. Thankful. Donated and subscribed and such to help support..it may be time for a change. All things end, the only constant in life is change.

I don’t enjoy being silenced as I’m not a fan of tyranny, and I find it funny that is what happens when one has an unpopular take. We fear what we don’t understand tho and bigots rule the world. ?

i think you might be a bit hyperbolic here:unsure:
you seem to take great pride in adopting this 'they're out to get me' position
which is not a problem but getting the vapors about it :idunno:

Don’t do that guido. Of course I was being facetious.
This is the internet. Full of internet tough guys and gestapo.

I don’t care for being called a liar, and a moron, and being silenced. From behind the anonymity of a screen. That’s all.
Being accused of being exactly what many of ‘them’ are. It’s fascinating really. Projection at its finest.

@superchuck500
Just reached out to my Dad. I apologize, he said she wasn’t that bad, just very aloof.
Understandable.

It was Warwick that was the worst. Per him working with her, he just texted that.
ETA:
He just texted that Warwick liked my stepmother a lot. Makes sense, she wasn’t nice either. ?

Lord I handed out a ‘meh’ and to one of my favorite people here. I feel terrible. Very seldom get involved in anything but a smiley emoji.

However, I couldn’t refrain. My Dad worked with her and she’s not at all a nice person. At all.
Right up there in her nastiness with Reba.

I will admit as a youth I was enamored with her two amazing skills. They were very big skills.

When i read the first line of your post, i was going to point out that everyone has good and bad days, and leave it at that.. but then i saw that you mentioned Reba being nasty.. in my life I’ve met a few famous folks, on a surface level, though I haven’t really gotten to know very many.. however, years back i worked with Reba on her old tv show called, imaginatively enough - ‘Reba’.. granted, it was only one day- but i worked very closely with her for about 14 or 15 hours, got to know her a bit, and she was as sweet as could be.. I’m not a country music fan and barely knew of her before that day, but now I’m a fan.

There are some big names in entertainment that i think most people would be surprised to hear are despised by a lot of people consistently.. one of them is Ellen DeGeneres.. i have a good friend who’s worked with her a lot and says that she’s universally hated by her staff and others.. the same friend told me that Anna Kendrick, the cute little brunette who seems so likeable, is actually a world-class ****... so yeah a lot of celebrities’ images are just a facade hiding nasty personalities.

Dolly and Reba are not in that category; in fact, they are just the opposite, i hear nothing but positive about both of them.

When i read the first line of your post, i was going to point out that everyone has good and bad days, and leave it at that.. but then i saw that you mentioned Reba being nasty.. in my life I’ve met a few famous folks, on a surface level, though I haven’t really gotten to know very many.. however, years back i worked with Reba on her old tv show called, imaginatively enough - ‘Reba’.. granted, it was only one day- but i worked very closely with her for about 14 or 15 hours, got to know her a bit, and she was as sweet as could be.. I’m not a country music fan and barely knew of her before that day, but now I’m a fan.

There are some big names in entertainment that i think most people would be surprised to hear are despised by a lot of people consistently.. one of them is Ellen DeGeneres.. i have a good friend who’s worked with her a lot and says that she’s universally hated by her staff and others.. the same friend told me that Anna Kendrick, the cute little brunette who seems so likeable, is actually a world-class ****... so yeah a lot of celebrities’ images are just a facade hiding nasty personalities.

Dolly and Reba are not in that category; in fact, they are just the opposite, i hear nothing but positive about both of them.

You’re right. I get that.
I actually know with Reba tho as I grew up right down the road from her in Tennessee.
Maybe she just came across that way for years, just having some bad years. Maybe she just didn’t like us? Lol
Either way it’s all good.
I love Ellen so that surprises me. Not at all surprised with Kendrick.
Eta: She had a beautiful barn. Gorgeous. She sold the place a few years ago.

As an aside,
My best friend’s father sold his home to Lorrie Morgan and said she was nice. So there’s that. ?
I’d always heard she broke Keith’s heart and led to his demise, so idk. Lol

Last edited:
@superchuck500
Just reached out to my Dad. I apologize, he said she wasn’t that bad, just very aloof.
Understandable.

It was Warwick that was the worst. Per him working with her, he just texted that.
ETA:
He just texted that Warwick liked my stepmother a lot. Makes sense, she wasn’t nice either. ?

Ha- I'm glad we've cleared up this dispute about Dolly Parton's virtues.

And it's not even noon on Monday!

What some people see is that some performers, actors, actresses and the like have jobs to do and they have to balance their jobs and responsibilities with fans who always want a piece of them. It’s an absolute mess for them. It’s also worse for someone who is knee deep in everything that goes on, Say a Dolly Parton, rather than someone like Britney Spears who shows up, is propped up like a mannequin and then leaves.

Some people get bent because a star wont autograph something, yet in the end nothing is said about the hundred they signed before and need to get to another spot. Not to defend them, but, what we see may or may not be what they are at that time, and busy with a ton of things on their mind and being aloof because of it can make for a bad taste even though that’s not really the person.

What you cannot mistake is people’s actions. Parton has made enough cash to have a giant ya t and her own private island. Yet, she has put her money into propping up half of Tennessee, and a huge assortment of other causes. She walks the walk even if she comes off one way or the other.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom