The Dolly Parton is an American Treasure Thread (1 Viewer)

What some people see is that some performers, actors, actresses and the like have jobs to do and they have to balance their jobs and responsibilities with fans who always want a piece of them. It’s an absolute mess for them. It’s also worse for someone who is knee deep in everything that goes on, Say a Dolly Parton, rather than someone like Britney Spears who shows up, is propped up like a mannequin and then leaves.

Some people get bent because a star wont autograph something, yet in the end nothing is said about the hundred they signed before and need to get to another spot. Not to defend them, but, what we see may or may not be what they are at that time, and busy with a ton of things on their mind and being aloof because of it can make for a bad taste even though that’s not really the person.

What you cannot mistake is people’s actions. Parton has made enough cash to have a giant ya t and her own private island. Yet, she has put her money into propping up half of Tennessee, and a huge assortment of other causes. She walks the walk even if she comes off one way or the other.

Absolutely accurate imho.
My view on these stars comes from my
Father working with them, not in the context of a fan. And on Reba as aforementioned we were her neighbors. She may have just not liked us. Which is her right lol.

And I misspoke on Dolly and corrected that.

Absolutely accurate imho.
My view on these stars comes from my
Father working with them, not in the context of a fan. And on Reba as aforementioned we were her neighbors. She may have just not liked us. Which is her right lol.

And I misspoke on Dolly and corrected that.

No worries. Sometime ask me about my opinion on Tom Cruise. My aunt unfortunately got to know him a decent amount. Nicole Kidman on the other hand.
The one that always surprised me was my grandma got to know Reagan when he was just a guy staring his career. She was always surprised at his great communicator tag, as the Reagan she knew was the quiet, very nice young guy who she knew. As she said the man she knew, she liked and thought that the president version of him was the most bought off fraud acting job she’d ever seen.

No worries. Sometime ask me about my opinion on Tom Cruise. My aunt unfortunately got to know him a decent amount. Nicole Kidman on the other hand.
The one that always surprised me was my grandma got to know Reagan when he was just a guy staring his career. She was always surprised at his great communicator tag, as the Reagan she knew was the quiet, very nice young guy who she knew. As she said the man she knew, she liked and thought that the president version of him was the most bought off fraud acting job she’d ever seen.

I’d love to hear about Cruise. Admittedly I have zero anecdotal stories on him, my opinion is he’s kind of out there and insecure with his stature as I read that when reading about Top Gun.

Kidman? She seems like she could be ok? I probably have them backwards lol. I know I’m no fan of Scientology.

I grew up with the "dolly Parton behind a tree" joke so I'm well aware of her hotness back then. It amazes me how she, along with an obviously great surgeon, has prolonged that into her mid 70's. Think about that.....mid 70's. While she's not the only not one to go later in life like that the only other one that could maybe approach that is Jennifer Aniston. She's going to be a knockout for decades. Cher is another one that comes to mind though.

I would add Jennifer Connely and Goldie Hawn to that list....

What some people see is that some performers, actors, actresses and the like have jobs to do and they have to balance their jobs and responsibilities with fans who always want a piece of them. It’s an absolute mess for them. It’s also worse for someone who is knee deep in everything that goes on, Say a Dolly Parton, rather than someone like Britney Spears who shows up, is propped up like a mannequin and then leaves.

I also imagine that they get "hit on" and harassed quite often and that probably wears on a person after a while....

I clicked because when i saw her name my heart dropped thinking something bad happened. Been to Dollywood when i was 13, was great too.
Me, too, even though I knew there was a doc on about her.

I’d love to hear about Cruise. Admittedly I have zero anecdotal stories on him, my opinion is he’s kind of out there and insecure with his stature as I read that when reading about Top Gun.

Kidman? She seems like she could be ok? I probably have them backwards lol. I know I’m no fan of Scientology.
I think she was weird when she was with him; but he's so up the butt of David Mis cavage , no one around him can be normal.

I think she was weird when she was with him; but he's so up the butt of David Mis cavage , no one around him can be normal.

On a quick wiki search of David I noticed he’s 5’3”.
Probably part of the reason Mr. Cruise likes him.

On a quick wiki search of David I noticed he’s 5’3”.
Probably part of the reason Mr. Cruise likes him.
David's dad has a u tube channel and does CoS videos as an ex member. So weird that he's the father of the leader now and is the one that got his family into it in the first place MANY years ago and he still had to escape and, of course, no longer has contact with his son. I watched hoping to get some insight into his son but he doesn't really address that much. Not even, Yes, my son has Little Man Syndrome.

Wow. I’d love to watch that. Gonna look for it. Ty for the heads up.
And yes the Napoleon complex is very real.

When i read the first line of your post, i was going to point out that everyone has good and bad days, and leave it at that.. but then i saw that you mentioned Reba being nasty.. in my life I’ve met a few famous folks, on a surface level, though I haven’t really gotten to know very many.. however, years back i worked with Reba on her old tv show called, imaginatively enough - ‘Reba’.. granted, it was only one day- but i worked very closely with her for about 14 or 15 hours, got to know her a bit, and she was as sweet as could be.. I’m not a country music fan and barely knew of her before that day, but now I’m a fan.

There are some big names in entertainment that i think most people would be surprised to hear are despised by a lot of people consistently.. one of them is Ellen DeGeneres.. i have a good friend who’s worked with her a lot and says that she’s universally hated by her staff and others.. the same friend told me that Anna Kendrick, the cute little brunette who seems so likeable, is actually a world-class ****... so yeah a lot of celebrities’ images are just a facade hiding nasty personalities.

Dolly and Reba are not in that category; in fact, they are just the opposite, i hear nothing but positive about both of them.

Oddly, I've known Ellen since her dad lived on Crane Street and never known her to be anything other than what she is. I've also met Reba and found her to be a pompous arse. Vancy, on the other hand, was quite a DB when he was in the Cold and thought he was cool.

David's dad has a u tube channel and does CoS videos as an ex member. So weird that he's the father of the leader now and is the one that got his family into it in the first place MANY years ago and he still had to escape and, of course, no longer has contact with his son. I watched hoping to get some insight into his son but he doesn't really address that much. Not even, Yes, my son has Little Man Syndrome.

What's with all your lowercase "r's" being gold? Is this some sort of riddle we're supposed to try to solve?

I think performers, athletes and politicians are remarkably similar this way - they all need a kind of monomaniacal focus on their careers which means that there are probably plenty of times when the put career over people (and social niceties, etc)
They’re also people with a healthy mix of fans and enemies and if they have any sort of success have undoubtedly fought to get to where they are
I think that would make most of us a bit paranoid and defensive at times
(And some people are just ***holes)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom