The Dolly Parton is an American Treasure Thread (1 Viewer)

Strange. Maybe it's a Mac thing, or maybe it's just a me thing. Screen shot:

Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 1.20.08 PM.png

Showing up gold for me too.. i think it’s Xenu and L Ron Hubbard watching us, and trying to tell us that we shouldn’t question $cientology and the fact that the earth is really one Billion years old.

Oddly, I've known Ellen since her dad lived on Crane Street and never known her to be anything other than what she is. I've also met Reba and found her to be a pompous arse. Vancy, on the other hand, was quite a DB when he was in the Cold and thought he was cool.

Take it from a neighbor, Reba ain’t nice. Lol

in a industry fueled by airing dirty laundry within a culture that loves to prop up then tear down icons, i have to say that i've never heard even a whiff of this
We are indeed an iconoclastic society, but I've never heard anything bad about her either. Not that I've ever really looked too far beyond what Johnny Carson once said he'd give an entire year's salary to gaze upon :hihi:

Just watched a sit down he (Scientology boss) had with Ted Koppel. Man I miss Ted.
Great interview.

Showing up gold for me too.. i think it’s Xenu and L Ron Hubbard watching us, and trying to tell us that we shouldn’t question $cientology and the fact that the earth is really one Billion years old.
I am truly paranoid about talking about it.

This is only happening on your posts:
The ‘r’s are gold.

@Madmarsha

Btw this guy is kind of persuasive. ?

Attachments

• B91D2756-2E83-4DF8-97BA-B4B0F069EB93.png
    B91D2756-2E83-4DF8-97BA-B4B0F069EB93.png
    697.7 KB · Views: 4
The thread title scared me. In these virus times whenever I see a thread title (or headline) like "Dolly Parton..." I immediately think "Oh, no, Dolly has the virus!". Not to pick on the OP, the local news sites are even worse with their click bait like "Breaking news! Drew Brees...", and then the link is something like Drew donated money to charity, etc.

I'm like "C'mon man, don't do this to me!"

There are some big names in entertainment that i think most people would be surprised to hear are despised by a lot of people consistently.. one of them is Ellen DeGeneres.. i have a good friend who’s worked with her a lot and says that she’s universally hated by her staff and others.. the same friend told me that Anna Kendrick, the cute little brunette who seems so likeable, is actually a world-class ****... so yeah a lot of celebrities’ images are just a facade hiding nasty personalities.

I'm disappointed but not surprised when I find out that a celebrity is much different in real life than their public persona (Ellen does surprise me a bit)

And there are some I get the sense are different in real life - there’s just something insincere or ingenuine about how they are in public (Steve Harvey had an embarrassing staff memo leaked a while back - wasn't surprised by that at all)

That said it would hurt my soul if I ever found out that Mr. Rogers was an ice hole off camera

Last edited:
The Rock hall needs to be renamed to something like the Music Industry Hall of Fame anyway. She should absolutely be in the hall of fame.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom