The Dolly Parton is an American Treasure Thread (1 Viewer)

The Rock hall needs to be renamed to something like the Music Industry Hall of Fame anyway. She should absolutely be in the hall of fame.

There are plenty of artists who are definitely not rock and roll already there and have been for ages

Odd position for Dolly to take

There are plenty of artists who are definitely not rock and roll already there and have been for ages

Odd position for Dolly to take

Not odd at all. Just because other artists are in there doesn’t mean she should consider herself worthy. She’s right that she could take bites away from others that SHE considers more worthy.

got nothin’ but respect for this lady.

Maybe

If Drew Brees said 'I hope that I've done enough to be voted in the Hall of Fame one day" my eyes would roll right out of my head

I thought she was there already to tell the truth and she's more deserving than some who are in the Hall now

Last edited:
sports achievements are quantitative, while arts are qualitative/subjective

unless r&rhof entry is measured by records sold (might explain some who don't belong)

The Rock hall needs to be renamed to something like the Music Industry Hall of Fame anyway. She should absolutely be in the hall of fame.

Agreed on all counts….my thought is that Dolly likes R&R and knows there are bands and artists out there that have been snubbed…great lady

I don’t know if this was put in this thread but my kids got this when we lived in TN. One of the reasons that Dolly is one of my favorite humans.

Dolly gives any child that signs up a free book once a month until they go to kindergarten, I believe. Just shows up in the mail.

I don’t know if this was put in this thread but my kids got this when we lived in TN. One of the reasons that Dolly is one of my favorite humans.

Dolly gives any child that signs up a free book once a month until they go to kindergarten, I believe. Just shows up in the mail.

At some point, this country will need to wise up and make her birthday a national holiday. Not a federal holiday, a national holiday.

My personal opinion is that Dolly didn't want to take votes away from Pat Benatar.
This was my first thought, what a travesty it is my girl's not in yet.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom