The Dorsey Draft (1 Viewer)

I love Dorsey, but i dont think i could trade this years and next years first for him. The most i'm willing to give up for Dorsey is a first and 2nd, for Ellis a first and 3rd. I'm really starting to like the idea of trading down alot more now with all these losing high pick ideas. Hopefully we can do a trade down and get Lito or pick up Detriot's 2nd.

If we trade next years first you can go ahead a mark it down that we wont have a draft pick until the 3rd. I'm 95% sure that Vilma is gonna play successful enough to where that 4th rounder becomes a 2nd. Strange, i've never wanted to lose a 2nd round pick so bad before. GEAUX VILMA! :9:

i'd much rather trade down with philly and pick up lito sheppard. take the 19th pick from philly and trade down with the giants and pick up shockey. we'd net two pro-bowl players and still have the 31st pick and the 40th pick overall. that's possibly four new starters for 2008 presuming they all get healthy and remain that way.

:scratch:
That would be awesome, highly unlikely, but still i like the idea.

dream: Lito Sheppard, Shockey, 31) Kenny Philips, 40) Trevor Laws, 78) Erin Henderson, 5th) Jermichael Finley 6th) Jacob Hester 7th) OG/OT
:exocet:

Last edited:
Trade down in the 2nd, and pick up additional 3rd/4th pick. Pick up a LB/S/TE and Antwaun Molden.

I like it. I know two firsts is a high price to pay but Dorsey is almost a sure thing. We don't need any more Robert Meachums, or Jon Sullivans, or Alex Moldens. I say if Dorsey is the best player in the draft (and a lot of people think he is) better to take him now.

Remember, if the Saints are a playoff team this coming year (a fair possibility) we are picking in the 20s next year. Giving up a #10 and a #23 isn't that much of a price to pay for the best player in this year's draft.

Who is left from the 2005 draft? Only Jamaal Brown. Everybody else is gone. From 04? Will Smith, Devery Henderson, Mike Karney. From 03? Stinchcomb, that's it.

Moral: The Saints are lucky if they get two or three keepers out of seven rounds. Even if every remaining player from last year's draft pans out (unlikely), only 5 of 7 are left. More likely it will be 2 or 3 after training camp. Considering those odds, giving up a couple of picks for a guy like Dorsey looks pretty good to me.

You make a solid argument and I wouldn't mind giving up picks this year. But your first rounder usually sticks and I would give up the pick next season.

:scratch:
That would be awesome, highly unlikely, but still i like the idea.

dream: Lito Sheppard, Shockey, 31) Kenny Philips, 40) Trevor Laws, 78) Erin Henderson, 5th) Jermichael Finley 6th) Jacob Hester 7th) OG/OT
:exocet:

You are now on the ejection seat on the bandwagon. :smilielol: j/k

I think it is more likely that they would want this years #1 and #2 for that pick. I would be willing.

Would you guys trade 1[10] 3[74] and WR Robert Meachem for Glen Dorsey because we are going to be picking late again next year and Payton wiffed on the last late pick.

We are a dominant DT away from a Superbowl run.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom