The Dorsey Draft (1 Viewer)

Conrad

Reaction score
*Trade: The New Orleans Saints trade 1[10], 3[74] and 1[2009] to St. Louis for 1[2] and 5[156].

1[2] DT Glen Dorsey [LSU]

The Saints need a dominant DT and to get that they need to become aggressive. Dorsey has an elite physical package [6'2" 300lbs] combined with the talent and the work ethic that the Saints need. Dorsey can make the DE, LB and DBs better.

adorsey.jpg

2[40] S DaJaun Morgan [NC State]

I tossed back and forth between a LB and a S and I decided that the Saints need a center fielder for the defense. Morgan has the speed and range to replace Bullocks who struggled in coverage.

1002751.jpg

5. LB Lamar Myles [Louisville]

Dan Morgan is unreliable and the Saints could use an upgrade of speed at the LB spot.

610x.jpg

5. C Steve Justice [Wake Forest]

The Saints need a future C in case Goodwin struggles.

496337.jpg

6. TE Craig Stevens [Cal]

Stevens is a great run blocker that can push the pile.

beaver-tackle.jpg

7. RB Jerome Messam [Graceland]

6'1" 248lbs. and a 4.5 [40] is worth a look no matter what school he played at.

messam2005tc2.jpg

Last edited:
No way we give up next year's number one in this deal. If that is necessary then it isn't worth it.

. I love th Dorsey pick. I don't see why people think we will draft safety relatively early. The coaching staff loves Bullocks and Harper. I would rather you go CB/LB in the second.
1) Glenn Dorsey, 2) Brandon Flowers/ Curtis Lofton, Maybe even a TE if Fred Davis is their.
That kid is no upgrade over Morgan. He is basically another Shanely.
Justice is a great pick.
Stevens is possible.
And the last pick no.

last time we traded 2 no. 1s for a dt things did not work out so good...all draft picks are a risk...a gamble..i'd rather gamble on 2 no. 1s....dorsey will probably be great, but he's not a sure thing...I think that trade might sink this team...

If the Saints do this then they are to some extent putting all their chips on the table in an effort to win now.

I like it. I know two firsts is a high price to pay but Dorsey is almost a sure thing. We don't need any more Robert Meachums, or Jon Sullivans, or Alex Moldens. I say if Dorsey is the best player in the draft (and a lot of people think he is) better to take him now.

Remember, if the Saints are a playoff team this coming year (a fair possibility) we are picking in the 20s next year. Giving up a #10 and a #23 isn't that much of a price to pay for the best player in this year's draft.

Who is left from the 2005 draft? Only Jamaal Brown. Everybody else is gone. From 04? Will Smith, Devery Henderson, Mike Karney. From 03? Stinchcomb, that's it.

Moral: The Saints are lucky if they get two or three keepers out of seven rounds. Even if every remaining player from last year's draft pans out (unlikely), only 5 of 7 are left. More likely it will be 2 or 3 after training camp. Considering those odds, giving up a couple of picks for a guy like Dorsey looks pretty good to me.

What i said in another thread regarding this is. If we fix our lines Oline and Dline which we have then whats left? TE CB LB? We still have our 2nd round which is a good pick and can get a starter. Next year i think we can fill the TE and LB issue through FA.

What we need to remember is if we trade next years #1 and Vilma does well and we give Jets our 2nd round pick. Our draft starts in round 3.

I like it. I know two firsts is a high price to pay but Dorsey is almost a sure thing. We don't need any more Robert Meachums, or Jon Sullivans, or Alex Moldens. I say if Dorsey is the best player in the draft (and a lot of people think he is) better to take him now.

Remember, if the Saints are a playoff team this coming year (a fair possibility) we are picking in the 20s next year. Giving up a #10 and a #23 isn't that much of a price to pay for the best player in this year's draft.

Who is left from the 2005 draft? Only Jamaal Brown. Everybody else is gone. From 04? Will Smith, Devery Henderson, Mike Karney. From 03? Stinchcomb, that's it.

Moral: The Saints are lucky if they get two or three keepers out of seven rounds. Even if every remaining player from last year's draft pans out (unlikely), only 5 of 7 are left. More likely it will be 2 or 3 after training camp. Considering those odds, giving up a couple of picks for a guy like Dorsey looks pretty good to me.[/quote

what is ur justification that dorsey is a sure thing. nothing is a sure thing, and he has injury problems. i think jake long is the only thing close to a sure thing, and that is still pushing it

With all the money we throw at 1st round picks that DON'T pan out, I would absolutely be willing to give up next year's first for a guy like Dorsey! He is by far the most "sure thing" of a pick in this year's top 5 candidates, and the money we'll save from not having a first rounder next year can help out with free agency.

i'd much rather trade down with philly and pick up lito sheppard. take the 19th pick from philly and trade down with the giants and pick up shockey. we'd net two pro-bowl players and still have the 31st pick and the 40th pick overall. that's possibly four new starters for 2008 presuming they all get healthy and remain that way.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom