The downfall of society...... (1 Viewer)

That's great for you. I do the same.

However, this isn't about you or I. This is about simply observing the masses, and it is an incredible problem/addiction. To see as many as I do driving while texting, families where everyone is zoned into their technology, people everywhere slave to a 4'4 screen....it's quite sad.

Yes, it's a problem for people driving. I agree. As for everything else, that a "you" problem and not a people problem.

(You in the general sense, not you personally.)

Dan, I guess you can't view the Random Picture thread with that C64 rocking that 1200 baud modem.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Heh, I can barely get the GIF thread to load on my Mac. It even auto-reloads cuz it times out. Maybe it's a Safari thing tho.

all those tragedies of people getting hit by mules or walking off cliffs because they were listening to Amos and Andy. Or those people that realized their kids had grown and that life had happened while they were in the theaters checking the latest Talkies. :jpshakehead: Its always been sad.

Not quite, but at its peak popularity restaurants and other businesses would bring out a radio to play for it's patrons when Amos and Andy came on. movie theaters would stop the movie and do the same

I remember reading an article saying that some children who had their phones taken away exhibited the some of the same physical symptoms as drug addicts going through withdrawal

and that article was years ago

I will say that my phone has become a godsend when I'm out shopping with my girlfriend.

I find a place to sit down, pull out my phone and amuse myself while she's shopping and she can take as long as she wants

Heh, I can barely get the GIF thread to load on my Mac. It even auto-reloads cuz it times out. Maybe it's a Safari thing tho.

More likely a ISP thing. We upgraded our connection and my Mac and iPad both now fly compared to previously. :9:

May also be wifi and conflicts with neighbors radio space there. I used to get dreadful speeds on my laptop in some parts of the house. Tried putting AP or router itself in those rooms and still poop, but wired they'd fly. Don't have a technical enough understanding, but I assume it's mostly retrying over congestion that was slowing it down. In those rooms could see 8-9 neighbors with overpowered junk fighting. In the basement den where signal is oddly better/less competition only see two of their signals. I just wound up running Ethernet to the affected rooms.

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/26ueYt2FQR2A8JfSo" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/linarf-26ueYt2FQR2A8JfSo">

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom