The draft is so fickle....! (1 Viewer)

cdogg

THE WOOD WAS BROUGHT
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
All throughout the season, I was advocating taking Aqib Talib with our 1st pick after watching him play on several occasions. This was of course, when I still thought we would be picking in the 20's, and I thought he would be a steal, because I thought he was the best CB I had seen, and several posters said he was no higher than a mid-2nd round pick. Now, we have the #10 pick, and he's not not even a thought, because I think he would be a reach. Why? Kiper, Mayock, GBN, and the rest.

It just amazes me how my own eyes saw this talent for 2 years, and now, based on no reason, I no longer see him as worthy.

BTW.,,Draft Jordy Nelson in the 3rd!

haha im the same way... I would have swore last year that Adarius bowman would easily be a first round pick. But hey... Alot can happen in 2 years lol

It was an example, don't get your feelings hurt.

Oh, I don't, I haven't made a post to draft him since the season ended, but to show one pass play, over and over again, as a reason not to draft a player...

I would love Talib, just not at ten and we now he won't be there in the 2nd. I think the guy is a ballhawk. For those that say he's too slow, look at Sammy Knight, he was supposed to be too slow but all he did was make plays. 40 times are overrated especially when the guy ran a 4.4, he's plenty fast enough.

Talib wouldn't be as good in our system as other CBs would be in this draft.

What worries me most about this draft is the lack of top end star quality. There are no Orlando Pace's, No P Manning's, no Bruce Smith's, no Deion Sanders, no Barry Sanders. Rather a lot of "would be MTV fame for a day" players. Maybe I am too far away from college action to appreciate the players but I am just not excited at all. Thank god for free agency!

Cause he is not that fast, and plays too tall. Not worth 10.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ek0ANQ8bRfo

Not sure if this was a bash/draft Talib thread but just goes to show you can't even put his name in a thread on this site without seeing Jordy Nelson (by the way that was the only TD Talib let up all SR. year... So you found the exception, good thing for Talib, Jordy Nelson was the best WR in the country last year)

I think the thread was more or less the OP stating that during the season the one player he watched and wanted in a Saints uni was Talib, and how after all these talking heads get thier say in it clouds judgements and makes alot of people forget about the entire season and entire body of work. I couldn't agree more with the OP because he is exactly right. Its funny because the way the guy looked when the season ended, is pretty much the way they will come off the board, Kiper will be wrong, Mayock will be wrong, all of thier mocks won't even come close etc. All this hoopla is just for us fans who are bored and want football season to start. If Mel Kiper was that good a scout, how come no team has hired him yet?? Same goes for Mayock, if they are so good at projecting these guys, why hasn't any NFL GM taken notice yet? The draft is much more of a crap shoot, than it is a science and no amount of studying you do will change that, therefore, these guys WILL NEVER BE RIGHT.

I think the reason alotta people hold Kiper and such in a high light is because most of them did not watch college football (outside of maybe a game or 2 from a favorite team) They didn't pay attention week in and out to know who was doing what and I don't blame alotta people. Its just alot to keep up on. But don't use Mel Kiper, or Mayock as your season recap and think they know it all. These guys flip flop thier lists more than anyone, The only list I even give any credibility at all is thier first one. Because its based more on what they see on film. Rather than the ole, this guys is my top rated player one week, tho no one has played and the season has been wrapped up for 2 months, this is my new list and so and so is "falling" UMMM, How? Based on what Mel?? Makes you wonder how much they even believe thier own words.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom