The Drew Brees Affect (1 Viewer)

Krodwhodat

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Watching the game last night and thinking about it then and this morning, it’s really put in perspective how good he was and what he meant to the team.
There is a reason the D played better when he was out as well as how coaching was. I think the team became complacent when Drew played knowing that they were never really out of a game. Same thing with the coaching. I think everyone has to step up there game knowing 9 isn’t in there anymore. Payton seemed way more focused, and the D now knows that they need to play equally as well as the O if we want to be a contender. You always counted on points before half and on the last drive if needed. If the D had a bad game Brees would find a way to put the team on his back. I like the fact that we played all around yesterday regather than winning a shootout. Takes the pressure off of one group and everyone can focus on their jobs.

I just hope the defense doesn't do it to winston during the season if he continues play great. I believe they stepped it up as well when drew was out. No way we go 5-0 with teddy in 2019 if the defense hadn't stepped it up.

I just hope the defense doesn't do it to winston during the season if he continues play great. I believe they stepped it up as well when drew was out. No way we go 5-0 with teddy in 2019 if the defense hadn't stepped it up.

with this D if Winston can duplicate Brees numbers from last year then we are a super bowl contender.

Idk the defense has been horrible the first couple of games the last few seasons. Had nothing to do with Brees and everything to do with Dennis Allen.
I remember beginning of last year Marcus Williams looked bad and I said “Don’t re-sign him”. Now I’m playing Loomis and figuring out how we can keep him.
It’s really been the offense that was limited because of Brees’ arm that cost us to go further in the playoffs. And Jared Cook of course.

Idk the defense has been horrible the first couple of games the last few seasons. Had nothing to do with Brees and everything to do with Dennis Allen.
I remember beginning of last year Marcus Williams looked bad and I said “Don’t re-sign him”. Now I’m playing Loomis and figuring out how we can keep him.
It’s really been the offense that was limited because of Brees’ arm that cost us to go further in the playoffs. And Jared Cook of course.
I disagree. Brees arm isn’t what it was but it hasn’t been the main reason we fall apart in the playoffs. Last year Tampa put 30 points on us at home in the NFC championship game. It wasn’t a great Brees game but it wasn’t the problem. We were out coached on both sides and the D line was whipped in the trenches.

And some coaching fails/bad game plans at the wrong time (Minny)

I disagree. Brees arm isn’t what it was but it hasn’t been the main reason we fall apart in the playoffs. Last year Tampa put 30 points on us at home in the NFC championship game. It wasn’t a great Brees game but it wasn’t the problem. We were out coached on both sides and the D line was whipped in the trenches.

Sorry, this is laughable. Brees was 19 of 34 for 134 and had 3 Ints. Two of those INT's gave TB very short fields (at the NO 39 and 20 yard lines), the last one wrapped up the game.

Total offensive yards TB-316, NO-294. Pretty close, eh?

The defense played fine, well enough to win. TB had 2 short drives (due to Brees INT's) that ultimately was the difference....

Now you could say (and I believe) Brees should have never been on the field due to his injuries....but to blame everyone but Brees performance in last years playoff loss is just....kind of ridiculous....

I'm going to go a step further with the Drew Brees effect: both of his protegees (who were starting quarterbacks) WON yesterday.

I would love to see him do an off-season clinic to elevate the game and play for young NFL quarterbacks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom