The Drew Brees Dilemma (1 Viewer)

I’m not even sure I know what this means.
It means one more stud won't make a difference in a SB appearance. We came out flat, in a home playoff game where you are one and done. The team didn't want to be in the playoffs.

Demario Davis, Taysom, Harris and maybe one or 2 more are the only players that decided to show up.

If we want to contend for a SB we have alot to change because going 13-3 doesn't mean anything. This team has played like crap in the playoffs besides 2009. It's do or die next year because Brees, as good as he is, won't get it done. Teams can just tee off on him and once the pressure gets to him, it's game over.

Its decision time for Loomis and Payton.

Keeping Drew might cost crucial young players that are essential to our future. We cannot mortgage the future based on what ifs and maybes.

Keeping Drew can hurt us in another way as well. Even if we did have a " good year " , anything short of winning it all is going to hurt badly and resulting poor draft positioning for next year.

So we could potentially find ourselves , out of key players who we couldnt afford to pay to keep Drew one more year , and with horrible draft positioning next year with Drew in my opinion definitely retiring at next seasons end.

I think theres a win for our franchise , that ensures we get our guy under center for the next decade or more to come without us having to lose key players.

It is better to let go a year early than a year too late.

Extend either Taysom Hill or Teddy Bridgewater, they will be our new Starter. Now either they prove to be Studs as starters and Taysom is Steve Young or Teddy B is legit or we suck. Yay !

Why is this good news ? Because , just as excited as everyone is about Joe Burrow this year , Everyone will be more excited about Trevor Lawrence next year. Trevor's shown more consistent play in multiple seasons.

Having a bad year at the right time could net us a franchise QB to go with our young vibrant budding team.

If we have the chops to believe we could get Burrow 20 something picks away this year , we could definitely grab Lawrence next year much closer.

And that's if things go badly !

Taysom or Teddy could prove to be Studs at the controls full time.

In any event we get our answers, and we get our QB guaranteed. If we get greedy today , we may lose out on everything tomorrow.

Goodbyes are never fun.

Dilemma? What Dilemma?

It means one more stud won't make a difference in a SB appearance. We came out flat, in a home playoff game where you are one and done. The team didn't want to be in the playoffs.

Demario Davis, Taysom, Harris and maybe one or 2 more are the only players that decided to show up.

If we want to contend for a SB we have alot to change because going 13-3 doesn't mean anything. This team has played like crap in the playoffs besides 2009. It's do or die next year because Brees, as good as he is, won't get it done. Teams can just tee off on him and once the pressure gets to him, it's game over.
Kind of cynical. 13-3 means nothing?? We were a missed first half field goal from winning despite not playing our best. I would have liked our chances in GB. A lot. That would have meant back to back NFCCGs And you want to break it up and start over??

And yes I do believe one more stud WR means another SB. Drew is still top tier despite the naysayers on here

Some of that young talent will be traded. Drew will be signed to a 2 or 3 year contract.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom