Article The Drew Brees Signing from An Historical Standpoint (1 Viewer)

HISTORY ring a bell for you? What sort of “LINK” can quantify NFL football intellect except being a TEAM player and knowing how to recognize opponent defensive schemes just by the way they line up and respond to your own shifts to signal their defensive calls? Just recall what you saw and that should be the only “LINK” anyone needs to give him away!
I recall he was the best QB in Saints history before Drew arrived. I recall him making audibles and changing plays at the LOS. I recall him taking apart some good NFL defenses, all of which are difficult to do if you can read defenses. Hell, you can't even start a single game if you can't read NFL defenses.

No one is claiming he's a top 5 QB. He was every bit as good as the Dak Prescott's, Andy Dalton's, Joe Flacco's of the NFL who lack the sixth sense that separates Peyton Manning from the rest of the mortals in the NFL. To say he can't read a defense just exposes your own lack of football intellect.

This is an ignorant statement. You really should do some research before you post garbage like this. Brooks graduated from UVA which is a very good school and he runs a successful development company and is trying to improve the impoverished community he grew up in....

I never really had a problem with AB, I though he and other talented players in the end suffered for playing under Jim Haslett.....
Okay

Thank god Jerry Jones wanted a second round pick for Tony Romo and the FO said no.

No Brees, no Harper and probably no Lombardi.

I'll always be grateful to Brooks for leading us to our first playoff win in a game where Ricky was out and Horn got hurt on like the 2nd or 3rd play. He outplayed Kurt Warner in a playoff game.

I think he frustrates a lot of people because we glimpsed a magic in that 2000 season that we never really saw again. He had some decent seasons for us, but I think he drove people nuts b/c you could see he had the tools to be better than he was.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom