The efficiency of our rb's (1 Viewer)

CHI-TOWNSAINT

More than 15K posts served!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This post is being made to show the scoring efficiency of our offense when one of our 3 main backs touch the ball on any possesion. I was somewhat surprised by the findings.

Pierre Thomas:
15 possessions - 5 scoring drives - 33% scoring efficiency

Mike Bell:
16 possessions - 10 scoring drives - 62.5% scoring efficiency

Reggie Bush:
29 possessions - 18 scoring drives - 62.1% scoring efficiency

It is widely thought that PT is our most efficient back, and for individual statistics this is true, but for team success Mike Bell gets us in the endzone the most, with Reggie closely behind. I counted passes and runs, which seems to stack the deck against Bell, but he still produced more points for our offense than any other back.

I'm not sure what this says, but it's interesting nonetheless. It's hard to compare PT's rate to Bell because they have no common games, but the fact that Bush has such a high rate through all 4 games suggests that the offense benefits from him being in the game and on the team. When we get a couple more games down the line, I think this will be more telling.

bell and thomas are pretty even as runners.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-orleans-saints/09000d5d81325ff5/WK-4-Pierre-Thomas-highlights

http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-orleans-saints/09000d5d812969d3/WK-1-Mike-Bell-highlights

as far as team scoring goes i think that you definetly have to factor in the fact that we put only 10 pts offensively against the jets who were the best defense that we've faced so far and that mike bell comes of the field on 3rd down so us scoring less was more due to a failure of the qb and wrs to make things happen against the jets D.

our offensive recievers put up 6tds against the lions and 3 against the eagles and none the past two weeks.

and its not so much a failure as it is a credit to how good the jets are on defense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom